Chamber length gauge

Weldor

WKR
Anyone have a source besides Brownell's for Chamber length gauges. I have done the dummy round type. I would like to have a 6mm 6.5 308. I don't mind buying from Brownell's but roughly $10 bucks to ship a $6.99 item seems a little excessive. Thanks in advance

logem

FNG
I just added some more to my cart such as cleaning patches, brushes, ammo boxes, etc. to justify the shipping cost. There's no one else that sells these to my knowledge except Sinclair (Brownells).

logem

FNG
I think the OP is looking for a chamber length guage, like the one made by Sinclair. Their decription is that they are designed so the handloader can determine the true length of his rifle's chamber when measuring from the bolt face to the end of the chamber's neck.

Screenshot 2024-03-02 145532.png

Lawnboi

WKR
Curious on the purpose of this? What are you trying to accomplish.

If using it to determine when and how much to trim you’re probably better off with a bore scope from the muzzle. More versatile tool and you can see exactly where your brass is while the rifle is in battery

logem

FNG
Yeah. The purpose is to determine what the maximum cartridge length is in order to fit the chamber, before having to trim. For the low cost, I believe that it's worth knowing. Might save a trim operation here or there.

A382DWDZQ

WKR
I think the OP is looking for a chamber length guage, like the one made by Sinclair. Their decription is that they are designed so the handloader can determine the true length of his rifle's chamber when measuring from the bolt face to the end of the chamber's neck.

View attachment 681698
Ah, I see. Thanks!

OP
Weldor

Weldor

WKR

View attachment 681698
That's it.

OP
Weldor

Weldor

WKR
I did the old home made dummy cartridge trick, it works but would prefer the gauges. My 6.5 chambers came out at 2.051 + -. Suggested trim is 2.015. I prefer to avoid a carbon ring as much as I can. figure I will trim 2.047 and make dummy round up for feed and function.

Andouille

Lil-Rokslider
I found a Sinclair Chamber Length Guage in 308 on Ebay for ~14 shipped. Measured my Tikka 300 WSM chamber with the Sinclair Chamber Length Gauge and got 2.137", which is 0.037" over the SAAMI spec of 2.100 and recommended trim of 2.080. I won't be trimming for a loooooong time given my long chamber neck and brass that is currently ~2.086" length after 1 firing. Anyone else get a super long neck measurement?