Changing arrows for 2024, seeking guidance

OR Archer

WKR
You could build some Easton 6.5 at 29.5”, 50gr brass with 100gr tip. Wrap and 3 blazer vanes. Use the included microlite nock and be right at 470 TAW and achieve what you’re trying to accomplish. They have 3 different grades of the 6.5 also. If you want lighter TAW you could do the Sonic 6.0 in a 300 same as above and be right around 450 TAW.

This.

I shoot your exact specs (my draw is 27.5 for reference). I shoot a 100 grain head, 50 grain insert, and 25 grain collar with the 340 axis. 3 AAE Max Stealths, and x-nock. Total weight I think is like 484?

The only thing I'm going to do different (I think) next year is to use a 25 grain insert.
What insert are you using?

diverc18

Lil-Rokslider
I was in the same boat. I decided I’m gonna run the Rip TKOs with the podium archer titanium 50 grain half outs. With 125 grain broadheads, I should be right around 430 grains with anywhere from 15-16 percent foc

OP
flyfisher117

flyfisher117

Lil-Rokslider
You could build some Easton 6.5 at 29.5”, 50gr brass with 100gr tip. Wrap and 3 blazer vanes. Use the included microlite nock and be right at 470 TAW and achieve what you’re trying to accomplish. They have 3 different grades of the 6.5 also. If you want lighter TAW you could do the Sonic 6.0 in a 300 same as above and be right around 450 TAW.
I didn't realize they made the brass inserts for the 6.5 until just a few weeks ago. Still lookin into that. I like that idea because I could run 2 arrows, one heavy for hunting and one light for 3D and not need to change a thing other than sight tape. And even the .001 6.5s are cheap compared to the Sonics or RIPs. The smaller diameter of the RIP is what got my attention with it though.
I was in the same boat. I decided I’m gonna run the Rip TKOs with the podium archer titanium 50 grain half outs. With 125 grain broadheads, I should be right around 430 grains with anywhere from 15-16 percent foc
The Podium half outs look pretty good and their price isn't horrible. Some of the other inserts people run start adding big money to the cost.

4rcgoat

WKR
Axis 5mm with brass. Durable, US made arrow that you do not have to spine align because of how Easton produces their carbon. I’ve been using them for what seems like a decade now and never had the first issue with them.

Exodus on the business end and your set. Keep it simple.
This^^^^^

This^^^

diverc18

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't realize they made the brass inserts for the 6.5 until just a few weeks ago. Still lookin into that. I like that idea because I could run 2 arrows, one heavy for hunting and one light for 3D and not need to change a thing other than sight tape. And even the .001 6.5s are cheap compared to the Sonics or RIPs. The smaller diameter of the RIP is what got my attention with it though.

The Podium half outs look pretty good and their price isn't horrible. Some of the other inserts people run start adding big money to the cost.
I thought the same thing. The durability of the Rip Tkos combined with the addition of any titanium insert/collar regardless of brand will make one very robust arrow which helps justify the price. At least for me anyway

I am wanting to change arrows for 2024. Trying to figure out my best route. I am wanting to keep the arrow in the 450-475 range, issue I'm having is at my draw length and arrow length keeping an arrow that light drops my FOC.

I am not here to argue high FOC. I am only interested in keeping my set up ethical. Hunting western game, mostly deer but someday ill get an elk 😉. Shooting Sevr and Iron Will BHs. Only shoot 63 lbs currently. Goal is to be shooting 70 lbs by 2024.

Current arrow is an Easton 6.5. 454 gn at 9%. I can bump up to a 50 gn insert an be 487 at 10.5%. Arrow is 30" carbon to carbon all arrows I'm looking at currently just using the same measurements for the sake of comparison.

2 arrows I am eyeballing are the Easton Sonic and RIP TKO. Both will allow me to run 50-60 grain inserts for a total arrow weight 470-480 and 10-12%. Where im trying to stay lighter weight would it be worthwhile to ditch the lighted knock? I could also try and use different vanes to shave a few grains off the tail but I was wanting to just run AAE Max Stealth.

Just looking for guidance for those with more experience. I don't want to drop the time and money on new arrows unless it makes sense.
IK im late but...Rip TKO, Black Eagle Rampage, and Goldtip airstrike are all good comparable .204 option. If you go 4mm you can get a lighter GPI in the Black eagle X-impact or the sirius Orion. 300 Spine = 8.1GPI... Can get more FOC while staying relatively light.