Changing savage model 11 to 6mm arc

bbell

WKR
I’m toying with the idea of getting a 6mm arc barrel for my savage trophy hunter xp 11 for the kids. I know I need to do the bolt face conversion but what I’m trying to figure out is what magazines would work? Wanted to see if y’all had experience with that? Needs to be 6mm so it’s elk legal in Oregon.

The easy button would be a 6 mm Creedmoor barrel but I wasn’t sure how much more recoil that would be over the 6 mm arc. Thanks for your help.

Unckebob

WKR
I’m toying with the idea of getting a 6mm arc barrel for my savage trophy hunter xp 11 for the kids. I know I need to do the bolt face conversion but what I’m trying to figure out is what magazines would work? Wanted to see if y’all had experience with that? Needs to be 6mm so it’s elk legal in Oregon.

The easy button would be a 6 mm Creedmoor barrel but I wasn’t sure how much more recoil that would be over the 6 mm arc. Thanks for your help.

I have a 110 Switchback (basically, a 110 action with an Apex stock). I bought it intending to throw it in a chassis. It works great in that role.

In the original stock, the 6ARC mags did not work well.

If you go with the 6mm CM or 243 (I have had both), I doubt the recoil will be much more.

If I was ordering a 6ARC hunting rifles I would get the Howa mini action version.

OP
B

bbell

WKR
Yeah probably should just do the creedmoor. Even if the axis II mags fit the model 11, I can’t seem to find them anywhere.

280Ackley

WKR
I have a 110 Switchback (basically, a 110 action with an Apex stock). I bought it intending to throw it in a chassis. It works great in that role.

In the original stock, the 6ARC mags did not work well.

If you go with the 6mm CM or 243 (I have had both), I doubt the recoil will be much more.

If I was ordering a 6ARC hunting rifles I would get the Howa mini action version.
Did you find a solution for the mags not working? I love mine but it is currently pretty much a single shot right now.

Unckebob

WKR
Did you find a solution for the mags not working? I love mine but it is currently pretty much a single shot right now.
When I put it in the chassis, the magazine problems went away. I bought some 6ARC mags (metal) that work great.