Chassis Build Assistance

ssgjpd

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
I am goign to build a chassis gun on the XLR 4.0 platform with the folding stock. My intentions with this build is to have a light folding platform for backpacking. I read and listen to Mark's podcast and it was very helpful.

This gun will be a 6.5 PRC suppressed. I will shoot handload with 140 Elite hunters (current bullet) or 143 ELDX.

I would like to see if I can get some recommendations for the items below.

Action: Was looking at Defiance Anti, but open to any suggestions. Also would you do a medium or long action.
Barrel: My current APR 6.5 is a Proof Sendero 22", was thinking about the same but not sure if I should go down to 20"

XLR

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Chassis- When ordering the chassis make sure to select the Carbon 12.5" when you select the folding adapter. The folder adds 1.5" of LOP so the final length will be 13 3/4-14" depending on your trigger shoe.

Action- You are not going to go wrong with any of the custom actions on the market! If you are only going to shoot 140 to 147 range bullets I would build it on a short action personally. If you want a little extra length, go with a medium action but I don't think it's necessary. I did write the below article on medium actions about a year ago that you can read if you would like.

If you select a Defiance you will have to choose between the XM and XM+. The XM fits our Defiance XM inlet but their XM+ fits our Lone Peak Medium inlet. Neither one is better than the other just different measurements on their action.

Barrel length- You are not going to go wrong with anything in the 18-22" range. I personally run an 18" and really like how compact it is. If I was going to shoot with a brake though you can go a little longer to get that blast away from your face.

If you have any questions you can always feel free to give us a call and we would be more than happy to walk you through chassis, actions, barrels etc and what we prefer!

OP
S

ssgjpd

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Thanks for the reply and advice on what to order.