300 PRC Build Advice

Backcountryrealtor17

Lil-Rokslider
Building a 300 PRC. Just got a defiance ruckus tactical off rokslide that I’ll use. I currently have a custom tikka 6.5 PRC with proof barrel, Xlr 4.0 folding chassis, and 24” proof barrel.

Trying to figure out the path of this build as this rifle will be used for hunting, but 95% of my shots are sent at steel.

With that being said, I don’t want a 22lb boat anchor, nor do I need a 7lb gun. I would much rather carry around a heavier rifle that will drive tacks than a light one I am afraid of.

Looking for advice on chassis systems that seem to work well for range and hunting, as well as barrel manufacturers and length recommendations. This gun will more than likely be ran with the dead air LTi with e brake so it’s 11” long. I’m also not dead set on a chassis, but a hunting style stock with a pistol grip setup would be needed.

Throw me some ideas

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the stock, I would get a RokStok on order. They have them in a Rem-style inlet, which I believe the Defiance is, correct?

For a barrel, I would go with a PBB taperless .750" profile, fluted, and finished at 20". As you are using the QD mount, you don't need as much of a shoulder to index on, so you could go with a Bartlein 2B or 3 profile as well. 20" would be the max for me using an 11" long can.