Cheap arrow accuracy

WKR
I just purchased components to build arrows for under $8 each. I'm curious how much on-target performance I'm giving up with a setup like this vs. some of the $20-30 arrows my friends are building. Any ideas? Will my group be 50% larger with these than if I paid for the really high-end stuff? 25%? Will it be enough to cause me to miss a 3D target at 80 yards in a 10mph wind?

Screenshot_20240520-055213.png

flyboy214

FNG
As long as you nock tune and square the ends of your arrow when you put them together you should be able to hang with your buddies.

I have bounced between high end arrows with premium components and average gold tip hunter Xt. The .204 diameter seem to be the best balance of strength, component durability and benefits of small diameter.

I'll bet some of their 20-30$ an arrow cost is in the components to get some magical FOC or overall arrow weight.

Get out there and tell us how much a difference it made.

BKM

FNG
Honestly you probably don’t give up any measurable amount. Maybe shooting a fixed blade head , that’s about it

The arrow industry has done a marvelous job making everyone think they need the latest and greatest basically since carbon became main stream

I often shoot .003 arrows. I’ll square ends and also spin test then. Use the 1-2 wobbly arrows to take “high risk” shots at the range

Butcher8

Lil-Rokslider
I suggest getting the best arrows you can afford. Archery has a lot to do with confidence. You can hand a guy a top of the line bow and accessories but if you hand him cheap arrows he wont be confident in his equipment. This is not true for everyone but can make a small difference. The straightness is important to some degree but the weight tolerance is important to me anyways.

Zac

WKR
You’re not giving up anything with those. Those shafts are as good or better than most that cost two to three times as much.

Reactions: 9.1

Bump79

WKR
You’re not giving up anything with those. Those shafts are as good or better than most that cost two to three times as much.
Seconded. Not a thing wrong with .244 shafts. I'd personally go with the 6mm Easton Sonic though.

Going from the premium stuff to the normal stuff honestly is like a 5% loss. It's being properly spined, squared and the tune really matters. The broadhead will dictate most things.

I ordered Bloodsport Judgements and exactly the same components you have listed.

My experience is when you go to cut the arrows to length, make sure you spin and cut the end that has the most wobble. Spine align and you should be good.

I"m shooting out to 100 and not bad groupings.

Bump79

WKR
I just purchased components to build arrows for under $8 each. I'm curious how much on-target performance I'm giving up with a setup like this vs. some of the $20-30 arrows my friends are building. Any ideas? Will my group be 50% larger with these than if I paid for the really high-end stuff? 25%? Will it be enough to cause me to miss a 3D target at 80 yards in a 10mph wind?

View attachment 714197
Food for thought on those points I've leaned way away from the super pointy tipped field tips. They are vane and arrow wreckers. I've noticed with a rounded tip you don't swishkabob vanes nearly as much. Meaning you refletch less. The blunt tip sometimes hits the nock and doesn't damage the arrows.

I really love the Easton match grade points but I've noticed that I destroy more stuff.

Straightness doesn't matter much till you put broadheads on.

Spine consistency can matter, the weaker you are. Stiffer makes it matter less.

Weight sorted hardly matters, unless you are getting closer to 10 gr variation between shafts.

You will miss at 80 yards in a 10 mph wind because the wind was pushing you and your bow around, not because of arrow diameter.

BKM

FNG
What’s your arrow length? If your on the shorter side you can cut from front, back, or both to get the straightest section of arrow. If you don’t have a arrow spinner use the handle on two coffee mugs to spin them.

Use the best for broadheads the worst for field points