Cheap Light Summer Sleeping Bag

treillw

WKR
Want to get a couple cheap sleeping bags for my parents to use backpacking in the summer in Montana. 40 degree rating should be adequate, with fingers crossed that it doesn't decide to snow. Don't want to spend a ton and the lighter the better. 2 pounds or less would be nice, but I guess I could live with 3. A quilt would work.

Any recommendations?

Thanks!

OP
treillw

treillw

WKR
$200 or less would be nice.

$100 would be better.

Don't know what is achievable.

Hammock Gear has 40 degree quilts for under $200 that weigh 16-20 ounces depending on size. They have a 15% earth day sale going on too.

Enlightened equipment does too for that matter. Pretty workable in that budget and temp range. Lot of options out there.

Huntin_GI

WKR
If you want the cheapest, take a look at Decathalon products. I think their availability in the states is fairly recent. Bargain basement prices, but quality is severly lacking. The synthetics from Nemo are also in your price range and of much higher quality.

My $0.02 = Snugpak jungle bag. 2#. $80. Super durable. Opens up to a decent blanket. I have slept in mine from the Grand Canyon to a bunch of airport terminals. Temp rated to 40* but I have pushed it to the 30s with some layers. There are lighter options, but this one is a lot of bag for the buck IMO.

Gone4Days

WKR
For summer car camping in AZ I use a Nemo Tempo 50°. I think it was like $100 and awesome quality.