Cheap Stuff that Works

DMurphy

FNG
When I was growing up my Pa didn’t have money for jackets and so if it was going to be cold, then you just had to wear more long sleeve shirts. Soon we began judging the weather by how many shirts we had on. “It’s not that cold boy, I’m only wearing 4 shirts” 😂 I vividly recall a 7 shirt day where lifting my shotgun was a tall task indeed.
My buddy and I used to tape Sears catalogs to our legs before heading into the briars for bunnies. There's something endearing about taming the outdoors versus dominating it with modern equiptment.

sodak

FNG
USGI cold weather boot liners for pulling over feet to keep warm at night. They also work for camp shoes.

Not the felt Korea era ones but the thin synthetic ones with Velcro

joshbazz

FNG
For a warm, rugged fleece, search 'austrian cold weather fleece' on ebay. They come from eastern europe, but there's a lithuanian seller who has them half price ($20-25 USD) when they are in stock... They are regularly $50 USD. Make sure to size down 1 size, they are super roomy.

EastMT

WKR
e5e1d9a82c27ba0d58270a9a2faf778b.jpg

This slik 150 ball head for $60 is great, I used it for. 50/60mm scopes, real good and light.

My buddy has one I used, had to have one. He uses it with an 85mm, but it’s a hair light for the big eyes

fellerr

Lil-Rokslider
Cone of shame for dogs. Weighs nothing, packs flat, and rolls up just like a bull magnet call. Little tape and its good to to go! Probably simlar to a milk or oil jug people use, but I figured it took up less space.

Moose hunting for the first time in a week...will see if it works!

0905212048_HDR.jpg

onebuck

FNG
I use this Stanley cookset and a knock off version of the pocket rocket stove that came from Amazon. A small jet boil butane canister will nest down inside along with a lighter and a handkerchief for cleaning and the whole package is neat and tidy. I like this cookset because of the insulated mug which is way nicer than eating out out of the metal pot.

DMurphy

FNG
Cone of shame for dogs. Weighs nothing, packs flat, and rolls up just like a bull magnet call. Little tape and its good to to go! Probably simlar to a milk or oil jug people use, but I figured it took up less space.

Moose hunting for the first time in a week...will see if it works!

View attachment 323855
Looking forward to hearing how your hunt went

BCsteve

WKR
The cheapest uncoated paper plates you can find and a sharpie make about the best rifle targets I've used. I can typically spot hits on them to several hundred yards just as easily as Shoot-N-C targets.
A Bingo dabber makes a nice 1" dot in the middle of those plates or whatever piece of paper or cardboard you have. Pick your color!

SOJ51

FNG
I'm sure this seems obvious but I am always sure to keep a life straw in my pack. Although most of the lakes in the Sierra's you could probably drink straight with no issues!