Cheaters....as in glasses.

I have better than 20/20 vision if the object is farther away than 18". I went through a ton of cheap readers and a ton of Safety type bi focals. I saw someone in the medical field use a pair of Clic glasses one day and thought those are cool. I asked about them and decided to give them a try. I have 3 pairs of Clic's now and they are all still functional. I never have to look for my glasses. I don't care how they might make me look. The best part of the Clic's is that I can have my Maui Jim Sunglasses on and then bring up the Clic's, put them on my nose in front of the sunglasses, read what I need to and then take them back down to storage around my neck....no taking of the sunglasses needed. Same thing with eye protection at work. Leave on my eye pro and put on the readers, then drop the readers (you don't set them down ever to be lost or broken.)

I they have been very durable and the best part is that they are extremely versatile.

Good luck guys. But I would try a pair of Clic's for the $30 you might be surprised how much you've been working to use the hundreds of pairs of cheaters you have laying around.

Mark

p.s. I still have a few pairs of the old cheapos here and there....you should see the dust accumulated on them.

You can also get a set of plastic bifocal inserts for your existing sunglasses; trim to fit and install with hot water- easy.[/QUOTE]

Great tip. I've been looking for some kind of polarized bifocals with no luck. Just ordered a set of these guys. Thanks

You can also get a set of plastic bifocal inserts for your existing sunglasses; trim to fit and install with hot water- easy.

Great tip. I've been looking for some kind of polarized bifocals with no luck. Just ordered a set of these guys. Thanks[/QUOTE]

Can you report back on how you like them? I've been buying Costas with bifocals, but they only come with poly lenses (prefer glass) and are harder to find a good deal on than regular ones. I'm on my second pair and happy until I loose or scratch them.

T

Great tip. I've been looking for some kind of polarized bifocals with no luck. Just ordered a set of these guys. Thanks

Can you report back on how you like them? I've been buying Costas with bifocals, but they only come with poly lenses (prefer glass) and are harder to find a good deal on than regular ones. I'm on my second pair and happy until I loose or scratch them.

T[/QUOTE]
Will do

Don't really need them for general outdoor use, but I carry a set of thinoptics in my backpack in case I need to do some closeup work. They seldom get used...but they are uber light, uber thin and nice to have. Map or phone mapwork is usually when they come out. I keep a set of regular readers in the truck

No need to get a pair of $200 Costas, look up Onos sunglasses. Got my pair with the built in readers for $100 and can't tell anything different than the much more expensive brands. Onos also has readers on special at times 2 for 1, that are pretty durable and work well for me. I'm 51 now and at 2.00 on the cheaters, sucks but it is what it is, even had to put a scope on the turkey gun this year cause I can't see the iron sights anymore.

No need to get a pair of $200 Costas, look up Onos sunglasses. Got my pair with the built in readers for $100 and can't tell anything different than the much more expensive brands. Onos also has readers on special at times 2 for 1, that are pretty durable and work well for me. I'm 51 now and at 2.00 on the cheaters, sucks but it is what it is, even had to put a scope on the turkey gun this year cause I can't see the iron sights anymore.

Thanks on the Onos, I put some in my Amazon cart. I have to admit that I'm a bit of a snob with quality glass, so that is one reason I'm using the Costas.

Promise the Onos are as good as or better than Costas. You can glue a C on the side if it makes you better about them though. The bifocals on the sunglasses was the advancement to Upper lower class for me, no more switching glasses.

I use progressive lens in my glasses for about two years now. I can shoot with or with out them. They only correct my astigmatism, slight nearsightedness at distance, but damn it sucks to get old and lose reading capabilities. They are expensive so I’d hate to break or lose them. Winter snow and rain makes them messy too. It’s a clarity thing for me to wear glasses, so I’ll continue with them and it quick to tilt my head slightly to see the turrets and make corrections.

T
[/QUOTE]
These work well on dry days. On rainy or humid days I find it hard to clean my glasses without moving the bifocal around on the lens. I was on a trout fishing trip this spring that had rain every day. I ended up taking them off of the glasses and switching to my cheaters when I needed to tie. I think I'm going to try the Costas.

Forget the stock pouch and use a hard glass case stowed elsewhere. No way the frames hold up to banging around in a soft case.
This ^^ I have a small hard case for my reading glasses that I keep in the lid or top pocket of my pack.
Getting old ain't for sissies.

Back