Check your stuff.

If you are chatting with friends at the range, double check to make sure you have knocked an arrow before firing…. at least that is what I have heard.
Lol had my buddy do the same thing at the start of league this year. Replace his strings and cables, then his limb started delaminating after a couple of shots. $250 for a new limb on a 10 year old bow...

Also +1 on the D-loop reminder. We were finishing up a round of league and heard something go flying into the brush about 10-15 feet from us. Sitting at the clubhouse afterwards a couple guys roll up and one tells us that his d-loop broke on his 2nd shot and he sent his arrow flying in our direction. Our eyes got pretty big....

87TT

WKR
Between checking your shafts, especially after any contact, check your nocks for damage.

Keep an eye on things on your string, yes speed nocks/buttons sometimes move and tear up your cams/can derail.

I put finger nail polish on most of the fasteners on my bow so it's quickly apparent if something has loosened up.

A friend sent me a pic of his wrist strap. The leather tore at the stitching, launching the release head into his hand. Keep an eye on those straps, same as your d-loop.

View attachment 592008

Few days ago for no apparent reason a guys arrow got busted on a 3d target. Must have been it hit a pulled out point or insert, but easy to overlook, can be a disaster if missed. He has actually had a shaft break at the shot, luckily it hit his watch instead of going through his arm.

View attachment 592009

Just keep a check on your gear, a lot of the incidents that happen can be prevented if damage is noticed before.
Damn, the wrist strap just broke during practice this AM. Luckily it was only the stitching on one side and didn't let go completely. I had saved an old strap from the same model so I just swapped heads. no damage done.

BigDog00

WKR
Yep...

I was doing a few things to my bow this weekend. Afterwards, went to shoot and was getting some funky groups. Started making a bunch of sight adjustments to get it back where it was consistent. Just happened to look at my cable guard and one of the strings had come off the roller. Pretty sure I was getting some fletching contact on that string, not to mention it wasn't on the roller. So now that I'm resighted in to back where I was oringinally, I'm going to make sure everything is in tune and ready to roll. Nothing like messing with this stuff a week out of opening day.

P Carter

WKR
Yup! I tapped around my bow to make sure everything was tight, heard a slight rattle, the draw stop on the top cam was loose enough to rattle around! Tightened it up and good to go, good reminder.

..... So I switched out mods for 1/2" shorter and am trying the 85% mods since this bow really wanted to jump on me. .....

Might be different for different models but last mathews I shot felt jumpy... It was jumpy because the cams were out of time. but YMMV

Maz7869

FNG
I tried my backup Carter like Mike 2 for the first time this week to find out that about 3/4 of the way through the draw cycle it goes off, I hadn’t adjusted any settings. I hit myself in the face and busted my lip but the arrow went into the target so I got off fairly easy. I tried it on a training aid afterwards and experienced the same result, it’s being replaced no questions asked. I have shot a lot of their releases over the years and never had any other issues but it was a reminder to always be careful. In the future all releases will be checked on a trading aid before the bow.