Chilkoot bags and moisture management

Does anyone here have experience with the Chilkoot bags and using them in wet conditions? Anyone use them while soaking wet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ljalberta

WKR
No experience personally with using them wet. Might be worth watching the SG rewarming drill if you haven’t.

Watch the rewarding drill video, gives good advice of some bad stuff happens out in the wild. Also have read multiple accounts on here if guys having wet bags on the outside from condensation, even a guy sleeping in the back of his truck and got rained on. Warm and dry inside the bag. Designed to constantly push moisture to the outside of the bag and it seems to do that well.

So I forgot my sleeping mat last year when scouting in AK. The bag was pretty soaked on the bottom in the morning. I wasn’t cold and it dried out quickly. When hunting I ran into a decent amount of rain over a few days, I had some moisture on top of the bag every morning. Again the bag dried out well and wasn’t an issue. This was with a 32 degree bag.

So I forgot my sleeping mat last year when scouting in AK. The bag was pretty soaked on the bottom in the morning. I wasn’t cold and it dried out quickly. When hunting I ran into a decent amount of rain over a few days, I had some moisture on top of the bag every morning. Again the bag dried out well and wasn’t an issue. This was with a 15 degree bag.