China Invades!

I dunno that I'd bail to the woods but for this scenario I'm taking my takedown 10/22 and about 5k rounds with my suppressor as well as my FN502. I can live off those quietly as well as defensive and offensive uses. I'm not bothering with the larger fancier stuff because I don't wanna haul heavy ammo everywhere. Probably a small backpacking tent option as well so I can stay buried and some space blankets or something to mask my thermal footprint so I don't just get mowed down by thermal helos the first week.

Yeah. Having same conversation with like minded friends on text…..

Bow. And a few dozen arrows.

I’d trade a gun for that I think.

.22 pistol solid though.

I'd hands down take a suppressed .22 pistol with a brick of subs over a bow few dozen arrows.
I can do just about everything with that pistol that I could a bow.
Even take big game within a reasonable range, 20-30yds. A .22 to the ear hole will take a deer down quick and no tracking.

Add: laws don't exist at that point so I'll take game however I see fit to feed my family

Nobody mentioned thermal or how to hide from it. You're all going to get killed by cheap Chinese drones

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
I guess that’s my original point. I typed it up I thought at some point , but surviving a true invasion isn’t easy with current tech.

Agree that if they get to mid America things are bad…..but….lots has changed in 20 years.

I don't think that's how China thinks/works. Their timeframes are so much longer than we comprehend. They'll simply cultivate the plants to harvest the fibers to weave the rope which will allow us to hang ourselves 25 generations from now.

Their patience is much more concerning than their force.

You're right, I missed that part.
Good idea to go test your methods for hiding from thermal, especially while moving.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Yeah not that I know what I'm doing lol, but I did think about it. Red Dawn in this day and age will look a lot different than the movies. I don't think being in the wilderness is gonna help anymore other than they just may not care that you're out there. Need some tunnels under Elk wintering grounds to live in or something.

I don’t own a single firearm😉 but if I did the wife and kids know their way around the 10/22’s. I would also have the wife and older kid take a 380 and then I’d have a couple 9mm side arms as well as a 10” 300blk out ar15 and my 308. Short range,mid range, and longer distance all covered. The reason for those calibers is I can find those pretty easy at most stores if I run out.

16” BCM and a glock 19 with a bunch of support gear. Im only carrying one rifle and it can do everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would think if you are heading for the woods, the primary goal of the firearm would be getting food, not necessarily self defense. Plus like others have mentioned you've got to carry all of your gear. With that in mind I think I'm taking my hunting rifle and maybe a pistol.

The problem is, I'm not sure the "heading for the woods" idea is going to work. Primarily because everybody else has the exact same plan. We think it's crowded in hunting season, I would guess this would be much worse. It would be like an unlimited rifle season where everyone is highly motivated to kill everything they can and by any means necessary - doubt it would be too long before you run out of stuff to hunt.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The problem is, I'm not sure the "heading for the woods" idea is going to work. It would be like an unlimited rifle season where everyone is highly motivated to kill everything they can and by any means necessary - doubt it would be too long before you run out of stuff to hunt.
So basically, it's going to be like PA rifle season in Amish country.

If that's the case, I hope they just hit my house with a missile. I moved away from that 20 years ago and I can't deal with that again.

Back