China made rafts direct?

Gobbler36

WKR
Has anyone used these rafts and have feedback on quality,etc?
really close to pulling the trigger on one.

also wondering on 420d double coated vs single coated trade offs and which is more suitable to hunting application?

Larry Bartlett

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
No, but I can tell you that chinese TPU coated fabrics are not equal to comparable fabrics made any in other foreign company. Maybe if you're a light duty paddler with modest use needs, but otherwise I'd pay up and get more durability, quality and customer service from a known supplier. If you have issue with the chinese raft, you'll lose an entire year's seasons waiting on any sort of response. The only thing that is attractive about those knock-offs is the price.

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
No, but I can tell you that chinese TPU coated fabrics are not equal to comparable fabrics made any in other foreign company. Maybe if you're a light duty paddler with modest use needs, but otherwise I'd pay up and get more durability, quality and customer service from a known supplier. If you have issue with the chinese raft, you'll lose an entire year's seasons waiting on any sort of response. The only thing that is attractive about those knock-offs is the price.
I get it but looking at the specs 420D single or double coated fabrics, I’m assuming these guys build the rafts or sell the materials to the likes of alpacka rafts etc correct? The one I was looking at has very similar specs to the forager 900lbs capacity.
I do t want to necessarily buy from these guys but when you e got 3 kids and wife it’s hard to look at them and justify to them that I gott spend $2300 on a raft.

TagEater

Lil-Rokslider
I purchased a packraft from them and am extremely happy with the quality at a third of the price of the other guys. I expect no warranty and support and I am not disappointed

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
I purchased a packraft from them and am extremely happy with the quality at a third of the price of the other guys. I expect no warranty and support and I am not disappointed
Nice which build did you get?
have you had it in any trips loaded down. I plan on trying to use mine in AK and deer/elk/bear float trips. Ive been looking at the 2 person Duo series.

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
I get it but looking at the specs 420D single or double coated fabrics, I’m assuming these guys build the rafts or sell the materials to the likes of alpacka rafts etc correct? The one I was looking at has very similar specs to the forager 900lbs capacity.
I do t want to necessarily buy from these guys but when you e got 3 kids and wife it’s hard to look at them and justify to them that I gott spend $2300 on a raft.
I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case. I went down an E-bike rabbit hole and discovered I could build a Bakcou Mule clone factory direct for $5k less.. Only difference is the stickers.

TagEater

Lil-Rokslider
Nice which build did you get?
have you had it in any trips loaded down. I plan on trying to use mine in AK and deer/elk/bear float trips. Ive been looking at the 2 person Duo series.
I got their ww255. I have taken it down a few pleasure runs, but nothing with overnight gear yet!
1685116391912.jpeg

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
I wouldn't be surprised if that is the case. I went down an E-bike rabbit hole and discovered I could build a Bakcou Mule clone factory direct for $5k less.. Only difference is the stickers.
Yeah man it’s crazy I hate to support them as much as the next guy but i feel there are companies taking a little too much advantage of the whole we’re a us company schtik a 1/3 of the price is significant

TagEater

Lil-Rokslider
Durability wise how does it seem pretty burly?
also did you get dual coated or single coated 220 or 420?
I got the double coated 220. I am definitely happy with what I got for the price I paid. I cannot necessarily compare it directly with the 420, but it seems to be burly enough for what I plan on using it for!

To some of the points made previously...
Kokopelli rafts are made in CHINA (at least they were last time I checked)
Alpacka raft material most likely comes from china (little bit of wordsmithing on their website1685124484525.png

westslopelaker

Lil-Rokslider
How do you order one of these Chinese inflatables? Thinking about getting a cheap SUP for the wife. I didn't see how to order on that website, it just had an submit inquiry field. Also, where are you seeing the prices?! Thanks

TagEater

Lil-Rokslider
How do you order one of these Chinese inflatables? Thinking about getting a cheap SUP for the wife. I didn't see how to order on that website, it just had an submit inquiry field. Also, where are you seeing the prices?! Thanks
Believe it or not, you work with their sales via whatsapp then you pay via PayPal. Seems sketch but worked fine for me

Btw...after you pay the 100 to 200 in shipping it may be cheaper to buy domestically

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
Believe it or not, you work with their sales via whatsapp then you pay via PayPal. Seems sketch but worked fine for me

Btw...after you pay the 100 to 200 in shipping it may be cheaper to buy domestically
Yeah $200 shipping but for what I want its gonna cost about $765 to my door any of the domestic companies that have a 2 man 900lb capacity raft I’m looking at $2100 to $2300
unless I haven’t looked in the right places

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
I found products through Alibaba and contacted the reps through the app. Most of them preferred to move the conversation to Wastapp. The shipping is spendy for a single product since the program isn't really meant for direct to Consumer purchasing.

Spike_105

FNG
Not to resurrect a dead thread but where did you go to for the bakcou mule clone?