Christensen arms Feeding issues (video)

BigPig069

FNG
I have 2 Ridgelines, and have never had an issue with either. I have a friend who had major issues with his Mesa and Christensen replaced it.

My Mesa 6.5 PRC had to go back for failure to eject issues. It went back in August. They had it in and out of their shop in 2 days. I rate their post-sale CS as outstanding. Of course the best customer service is shipping a quality/functional product to begin with. Mine is pleasantly accurate in the little shooting I have done.

rootacres

WKR
I had a 300 WSM Ridgeline, being that it was a WSM I knew those chunky short rounds aren't known for being silky smooth when feeding. What I did notice though with that rifle over a short period of time is that it did smoothen out. Just during general break in and load development it slowly got better to the point that I didn't really realize the gritty-ness. Throw some lube of your choice on the rails and bolt and maybe just try using it?

Guybro19

FNG
Hello everyone and Happy New Year. I’m new to this forum and Im seeking help in getting my box mag. back in on my 6.5 Creedmoor CA Traverse. I too have feeding issues. I took the mag out to inspect it and I can’t seem to get back in.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 38
Hello everyone and Happy New Year. I’m new to this forum and Im seeking help in getting my box mag. back in on my 6.5 Creedmoor CA Traverse. I too have feeding issues. I took the mag out to inspect it and I can’t seem to get back in.
Put the mag box into the action first and then insert the bottom metal into the stock. Also it’s easier if you open the bottom metal and let the spring/follower hang down out of the way.

hodgeman

WKR
I’ve not been impressed with Christiansen arms.
Yeah, their QC seems off the mark lately. It often happens when companies become the new "cool" thing, production goes up and quality control goes down.

I'll give them their due though... of the "Top 10" most accurate rifles I've personally fired, half of them are Christensen Arms.

I did notice that the OP only had 8 posts, 7 of them on this thread and has never been back around to tell us if Christensen got his rifle sorted out. After watching the video, I'm curious to know that.

Barnesc6

Lil-Rokslider
I recently sent my ridgeline in as I had similar feeding issues. They supposedly fixed it and sent it back in about 2 months turn around time. Haven’t had the chance to shoot it yet but praying they got it figured out

gerry35

WKR
I found this thread and I had the exact same issue as the OP, mine is a Mesa LH 7mm RM. I talked to the dealer who sold me the rifle who is also a gunsmith and he gave me 2 possible fixes that have greatly improved the feeding.

1 - The spring tension is quite heavy so I swapped it out with the weaker spring from my Rem 700 35 Whelen and it was noticeably better right away. The Whelen with it's rimless cartridge design feeds well with the heavier spring so all is good there.
2 - He mentioned that the belted rim on cheaper brass has rough tolerances and catches because they haven't polished them properly and premium brass can make a difference. I have some dummy rounds using brass in 308 and 358 Norma so I tried some of them to see how they would feed and they were also noticeably better than the 7mm RM Federal brass I have here.

I would say it's at least 90% better now and not really an issue anymore. If I were to buy again knowing this I would have bought a 28 Nosler or 300 PRC with their beltless design but I'm glad the 7mm RM is doing well now so will keep it now. Haven't shot it yet but I'm going to head out soon and wring it out.

Hope this helps someone.

~HOG~

FNG
I own the Mesa Long Range in 300 PRC. I have had it for about 3 months. It is a finicky feeder as well. Even just top loading. I'm going to do some work with it and see what happens. Has anyone tried go/no go's? Just wondering.