Christensen Ridgeline FFT Disassembly - Washer?

Brendan

WKR
You know that feeling when you're taking something apart for the first time, and then you hear a washer or something of the sorts fall out, bounce off the bench and onto the floor, and you don't know exactly what it was and where it went?

Well, happened to me today taking apart my Christensen Ridgeline FFT. Gun was inverted, took the bottom metal off, and then as I separated the stock from the action, something bounced out and onto the floor. Best I can tell it was this washer below, but I can't for the life of me tell where it goes. Was there a second one that I missed somewhere?

My first reaction was that it was between action and stock, but it doesn't match the contour of where the action and stock join. It is perfectly sized to the action screws, so maybe in between bottom metal and the stock at the front action screw? Are there supposed to be two of them?

Or, was this thing just lying on the floor and I missed something else?

Thanks for the help!

72f076c7d8cdc66ecfb49e84ccf695fb.jpg
efd6276dd1d669bd5d9b2a8f93bef8b7.jpg

Lou270

Lil-Rokslider
Very likely between bottom metal and stock. Sometimes these get a shim so the bottom metal latches smoothly. I have heard of weatherby doing this mostly but probably a few others

Lou

OP
Brendan

Brendan

WKR
I re-assembled and I'm now guessing it's the rear of the bottom metal, as that looks a little low and not completely flush.

Anyone else with a Ridgeline run into the same?