Proof Elevation versus Christensen Ridgeline FFT

BigThig09

FNG
If you had the choice between a Proof Elevation Lightweight Hunter and a Christensen Ridgeline FFT in 7 PRC, which would you choose and why?

The Christensen has a 2" shorter barrel, weighs over a pound less, and comes with a brake for 675 dollars less. I'm really leaning that direction for those reasons alone, but was wondering if the Proof has features I may be unaware of performance-wise that make up the cost difference? The gun will be the only "magnum" I own, and will 99.9% be used in the wide open sage and Juniper of Northwest Colorado for elk and mule deer.

Thanks!

Hnthrdr

WKR
My ridgeline fft is a shooter, tbh not the fit and finish I would expect in that price range, but can’t argue with how it shoots

ArcherAnthony

Lil-Rokslider
Coming from a Ridgeline owner. I would really look at the reviews. If I could do it all over again I would have went a different route. I don't have a proof rifle but I do have a proof barrel on my savage and its a shooter!

I once owned a PROOF Glacier Ti in 6.5 Creedmoor that was likely the most accurate hunting rifle I'll ever own. My cousin has it now, and it's been universally easy to shoot for many people. Their barrels aren't all that good, but if you get a lemon, they'll replace it. Besides saving money, I don't see any reason to pick a CA over a PROOF.

Last edited:
Proof seems like a nice rifle in near every way but the grip design on that stock is dumb af. Who comes up with that shit? Ridgeline has a similar affliction.

Reasoning: Proof comes with a zermatt action and has to have better odds of being chambered properly.

Also would take a seekins or xbolt over either.

Last edited:
I won't ever own a Christensen rifle period. Do your homework and read some reviews. There is a reason there is always a ton for sale.

I have a Proof in 28 Nosler that I absolutely love. My best group to date has been with that rifle, .21 moa. I do agree, I don't care for the grip as much as I do on my custom rifles that have a more vertical grip however it's still functional and I can be extremely accurate with it, so maybe it isn't that bad after all.

Recently bought a Proof elevation and couldn’t be happier with it. Essentially it’s a custom rifle priced for the sum of its parts. Proof barrel and stock, Zermatt origin action, trigger tech trigger, etc. The only thing cool about a christensen FFT is the stock, it’s the lightest or second lightest on the market (Peak 44 might be lighter). I own a fft stock and I’m using it for a 280ai build.

I have seen a few Christensens with issues and heard of many more. I work at a large retailer and we had one returned that would fire when camming the bolt over lol. Speaking of the action, just pick up a christensen and a zermatt origin and compare them side by side and you’ll buy the Proof all day long i garuntee it. Christensen actions are meh.

I second what other people on this thread are saying about seekins, for what you’re looking for check out the Element.

I've bought a Glacier and an Elevation from Evolved Ballistics. They were able to compete the builds with the slight variations that I wanted that weren't offered directly from Proof (including a shorter barrel). My experiences with EB have been great.

ddd122

FNG
Classified Approved
I have a fft in 300 prc I’ve been pleased so far with the accuracy but I also do hand load. So far it’s taken a cow elk in pa and black bear but I’ve also been looking into the proof rifles and for what the parts they have in the build it’s hard to beat for the price