Christensen Ridgeline & Nightforce SHV 5-20x56 Bases and Rings

bsween8

FNG
I recently purchased a Christensen Arms Ridgeline in 300 win mag and am planning on putting a Nightforce SHV 5-20x56 on it.

Any recommendations on bases/mounts and rings from experience? Would a 20 MOA base be a good decision?

This is exclusively a hunting rifle that I want to be good out to 500-600 yards, but would like the ability to potentially push that distance in the future.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks.

This may be irrelevant to you, but I recently got a Mesa in 7mm. I have a 20 MOA rail and Medium height Seekins rings, and mounted a 30mm scope on it that had decent sized windage/elevation knobs, but nothing crazy. They are either the same size as a NF or smaller. I moved the scope forwards and backwards and no matter what I did, it would still hit the windage knob and fall back in the chamber....I'm just guessing all the Christensen's have a similar ejection angle. I switched to a Meopta 2.5-15x44 with much lower profile knobs and now there are no ejection issues. (I think this is one reason why Vortex's new LHT Razor has a low profile windage knob). Perhaps high or extra high rings would fix this, but I did not try that.

As far as the 20 MOA rail, I thought I might need a cheek riser, but with the current setup I don't....no issue at all getting a good cheek weld.

20200803_164139.jpg

I'm a huge fan of the Hawkins Hybrid rings with bases. They have 25 MOA built in. They are lightweight and solid. You will want to get the talls for that scope.

IMG_3579.jpg

Talley's with 20 moa machined into them... You might also find a pad or something else to help raise your stock comb... to get a good cheek weld on the ridgeline when using a 56mm scope... The ridgelines have a lower comb

Back