Christensen Stock Issues

dkime

WKR
Just seeing if anyone else has run into durability issues with the non FFT stocks. My rifle recently went to hell accuracy wise, pulled it apart to see what was going on and discovered the crack. I’ve obviously reached out to CA and I’m not concerned over getting it resolved but I hadn’t seen many other threads reporting issues like this. Rifle is a 300prc shooting Hornady factory 225s. Rifle previously shot around 3/4 and very quickly opened up to around 3”
914bcfb91d1f7167bde6ee4998b0c035.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
D

dkime

WKR
Update from today; they want me to send the entire rifle back to maintain my accuracy guarantee. They also offered to send me a replacement stock but the guarantee wouldn’t be honored since they need to bed the rifle. Great CS experience thus far.

My fft in 300 win cracked the rear pillar area as well. Christensen warrantied it, but I am not all that confident in large magnum recoil in such light weight stocks.

I had to send in a 308 that didn't have the accuracy that I had hoped for. They rebarreled it without issue and has shot 3/4 MOA since.

I have no doubt theyll take care of you. Keep us up to date.

I wonder if the FFT stocks need a bit more meat in the pillar areas.

Macintosh

WKR
I certainly don’t know this to be true, but many of the issues with cracked things in general that I have seen from manufacturing are the result of installing a pin or screw, just like the pillar in the stock, before the material around it was fully cured, or due to a small change in the material that resulted in it very slightly shrinking over time in a way that was different from normal, or different from the last batch of material. This crack looks like it could easily be something like this. It’s often due to a different vendor who supplies the material for this product, so it may not even be Christiansen‘s outright mistake, and whatever QC process they have in place may not be designed to check an issue like this if it hasnt popped up in previous batches of the material. Just an observation. Glad they are getting you sorted out.

OP
D

dkime

WKR
Since this thread picked traction back up again i figured I’d update. I never got around to shipping the stock back in before season strictly because I’m a POS and used it as an excuse to pick up a Stockys VG for the rifle. Gun is back to shooting great and the ergo of the new stock is far greater for my intended use case.