Classifieds: Give up on buyer, move to the next....how long?

Milhouse58421

Lil-Rokslider
How long is long enough to wait for a person who said they'd "take it", you send them PayPal info, and don't hear from them? It's been at least 2 days since the original "I'll take it", with no response, despite multiple messages from myself. Long enough? I've got multiple guys who want said item.

Rob5589

WKR
If someone agrees to purchase, I expect payment (if PP) within a few hours. If not, I check back with them. If nothing, it is still available for purchase.

Agree with above. 2 day is too long.. i know if I agree to buy something. I check back every couple hours if possible. If I know I'm headed to an area with out service. I Pm the member telling them. I want to buy said item but will be out of cell range for x amount of time.

BFR

WKR
With PayPal 2-3 hours then a follow up message and if not forthcoming it’s on to the next buyer. Unless another time frame is agreed on of course.

reaper

WKR
If you have the time to tap "I'll take it" you have the time to PayPal the guy in the same hour or 2 hours after... sometimes you are at the job and don't have the time.24 hours is too long imo.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4 XL en utilisant Tapatalk

When I am at work, I have responded "I'll take it" only to get tied up in an unexpected meeting... Communication is key. I generally just let the person I will make payment once home that evening. If a buyer does not follow through by the next day and/or fails to communicate, move on to the next guy in line.

Yeah I agree with all the above. Way too long.

When I purchase something I want to make the transaction happen as quickly as possible and if I can’t I make very clear the circumstances.

WKR
First $$$ to my account is the buyer. "I'll take it" is meaningless unless it's the seller who is lagging.

First buyer that submits PayPal payment to my account takes it. An optional courtesy PM to buyer to submit payment before moving on would be
okay depending on the situation.

stonewall

WKR
i thought 24 hours was kind of the unwritten rule. i recently had someone move on from me after about an hour and a half. i was busy that day and wasn't able to be on the site as much... i got the paypal info the "i'm moving on" info at the same time. no big deal. and until recently, I could only get on paypal from my computer (didn't know the password otherwise)...so I would often have that delay from phone to computer