Cleaning stainless steel silencer baffles

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
How do you guys do it? I need to clean my dead air mask 22 since I’ve shot 5-600 rounds through it.

My banish 22 has titanium baffles so I just soak them in a jar of clr and stuff just falls right off.

Can I do the same with the stainless baffles of the mask 22? Finding mixed information about that.

Ftr: I don’t have an ultrasonic cleaner or access to one.

Thanks!

wesfromky

WKR
Last time I cleaned my mask, i used simple green. Let the baffles soak for a bit, then most of the crud wiped right off. A little bit of scrubbing with a nylon brush got the most of the rest. Didn't try to get it totally spotless.

That said, I am going to pick up a cheap ultrasonic cleaner before long. Will still use simple green probably.

Haggin

Lil-Rokslider
I was recommended Breakthrough Clean Suppressor Cleaner form a friend. It works great and doesn't smell up the room when used. Its got a filmy residue, so be prepared for that. Both my suppressors (including a 22lr) come apart, so cleaning was easy with this stuff and a mason jar, nylon brush, old t shirt rag, and a small pick. I soaked for a bit, then scrubbed/wiped the deposits away.