Climber Tree Stand Modification

gelton

WKR
Oh man, that's not a name you hear very often! Last time I saw one was when my great uncle at 73 years old insisted on using his to climb a 12" diameter poplar for gun deer season in northern WI. I've heard many stories of the sound you'd hear when one of them would let loose on a tree.

I had one let loose on me when I was about 14 years old and about 25 ft up with an arrow nocked. Other than scaring the shit outta me I got away lucky on that one.

Nate_Beres

Lil-Rokslider
No worries of sliding down the tree only to be saved from your free fall by the ground?????

I am ALWAYS tweaking my rig but this one looks a little sketchy as it looks like you lose a lot of that bite on the wrong type of tree, could be wrong? Bravo if it works awesome as i know what youre saying about it hanging up, try a shag bark hickory once. Wow what a PITA! lol

The best tweak i did (to the LW sit and climb) was remove the LW seat and put on the Summit Viper seat. Its now like the perfect stand IMO.
So for someone with more experience tinkering with stands than I, curious if you've done anything to accommodate wider trees?
Like grinding the outer teeth down for a more obtuse angle?
Honestly I barely used this thing. Just moved and want to use it to prune big fir trees

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

ethan

WKR
I did something similar. Put a piece of 1/2” banding material about 10” long on the backside of the belt and put shrink tubing over it. Really similar looking. It was able to keep the “teeth“ of the belt in contact with the tree but it stiffened it up