Closest you've been to a Brown Bear?

Laramie

WKR
Never have been close that I know of but have spent plenty of time in bear country. Had a few black bears close but no exciting stories. Definitely not complaining...

Grisha

Lil-Rokslider
5-10 yards brown bear a bunch of times in Alaska- on water, on stand: well fed on salmon so wasn't much to worry about. Grizlzy - 50 yds outside camp in Canada. Got some great pics out of those encounters.
1710429296481.png
Canadian grizz sow coming into camp

Justin (Raz) Rasmussen

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I have fed a donut to one but it was trained for movies doesn't really count. The closest wild bear I have been was about three feet. Young curious bear came up to my open truck window while waiting at a turn out on a mine road. Guessing my calling practice drew him in. That got my attention haha.

Justin (Raz) Rasmussen

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
Working in SE Alaska, I crawled out of salmonberry tunnel to find a salmon flopping on the ground 40 yds from the riverbank.

Another time I walked out of the brush to the helicopter only to find the pilot on top of the rotar with no memory of how he got there. At that time a Hughs 500 had nothing to stand on to get there. It certainly didn't have any footholds to get him down. The bears had just left as I stepped out 30 ft away.
Haha yeah you work in the bush long enough in Southeast you'll have one or two of those. Got ran back up the tracks of my dozer one day by a set of curious 2nd year cubs