CO 66 2nd or 22 3rd

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
It's time to burn my points and have pretty much narrowed it down to these 2 units. I know the 22 3rd "could" be better, but not sure it fits my hunting style. I'm a pretty die hard backcountry hunter that really hates hunting around a lot of folks and roads. I "think" I could have a lot more room to myself on the 66 hunt, but it would likely be a little harder to find deer.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether the 22 3rd would be that much better to deal with all the people and roads everywhere?

UPhuntr

FNG
It's time to burn my points and have pretty much narrowed it down to these 2 units. I know the 22 3rd "could" be better, but not sure it fits my hunting style. I'm a pretty die hard backcountry hunter that really hates hunting around a lot of folks and roads. I "think" I could have a lot more room to myself on the 66 hunt, but it would likely be a little harder to find deer.

Anyone have any thoughts on whether the 22 3rd would be that much better to deal with all the people and roads everywhere?
I elk hunted 66 in 2017 saw very few elk but saw some very nice deer.

OP
elkocd

elkocd

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks, now I'm actually leaning towards 21 2nd season solely because I can get my son an OTC elk tag to hunt with me at the same time. I'll probably spend the 1st 1/2 of the season trying to find him a bull then send him back to school in OR and start looking for a buck.