Co Senate Panel Rejects Polis..

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Word around the campfire is the antis and more so gov n cronies sure put the political screws to folks.

Hope I am wrong but it sounds like after the delay and full court press this weekend = Beau might get to stay on.

Vote (if they get to it today) will be later this afternoon..
Also as sports folks we had a completely valid backlash on Skiba, he was supposed to represent us and WE didn't want him and unless there were sports folks calling in to actually support him it would be harder to ignore that opposition, non-sports folks (IE anti-hunters / animal rights activists) shouldn't get much say as that nominee isn't selected to represent their interests. When it comes to Beau the water gets murkier. She's unqualified for the position despite her animal rights background, that is the main reason she shouldn't be elected, she doesn't have a background in representing park users plain and simple. BUT when it comes to sports folks opposing her our voice doesn't get more weight than animal rights activists because both parties could be parks users so both parties have merit in opposing or endorsing Beau. The biggest reason the overall senate has to oppose Beau is she was deemed unqualified by the AG commission which should have the biggest sway among the colleagues.

They finally cleared page 2 on the agenda, a while to go still unless they rip through page 3 quickly. After that it gets into appointments and should go quicker.

EDIT: They skipped past most of page 3, and are into the appointments now.

Last edited:

Hnthrdr

WKR
Also as sports folks we had a completely valid backlash on Skiba, he was supposed to represent us and WE didn't want him and unless there were sports folks calling in to actually support him it would be harder to ignore that opposition, non-sports folks (IE anti-hunters / animal rights activists) shouldn't get much say as that nominee isn't selected to represent their interests. When it comes to Beau the water gets murkier. She's unqualified for the position despite her animal rights background, that is the main reason she shouldn't be elected, she doesn't have a background in representing park users plain and simple. BUT when it comes to sports folks opposing her our voice doesn't get more weight than animal rights activists because both parties could be parks users so both parties have merit in opposing or endorsing Beau. The biggest reason the overall senate has to oppose Beau is she was deemed unqualified by the AG commission which should have the biggest sway among the colleagues.

They finally cleared page 2 on the agenda, a while to go still unless they rip through page 3 quickly. After that it gets into appointments and should go quicker.

EDIT: They skipped past most of page 3, and are into the appointments now.
Fingers crossed…

Hnthrdr

WKR
They've broken the vote to individuals, they're talking about Jess right now, and have been for ~20min. Marchman and Priola spoke for her so far. Will is speaking against her/them right now (rambling to an extent).
I like Will… and I am right there with him, but man I wish it wasn’t straight party line opposition… marcham is mine I hope someone primaries her she could be the absolute worst

Hnthrdr

WKR
Yep…. Fffff that! We got a few to cross party lines… which was good, but really?! Come on. This blows

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Edit:
Smallwood - R (was excused during the vote)

Here are the folks that voted her in
Bridges - Dem
Buckner - Dem
Coleman - Dem
Cutter - Dem
Danielson - Dem
Exum - Dem
Fenberg - Dem
Fields - Dem
Ginal - Dem
Gonzales - Dem
Hansen - Dem
Jaquez - Dem
Marchman - Dem
Michaelson - Dem
Mullica - Dem
Priola - Dem
Rodriguez - Dem
Sullivan - Dem
Winter - Dem

Against:
Baisley - R
Gardner - R
Hinrichsen - D
Kirkmeyer - R
Kolker - D
Liston - R
Lundeen - R
Pelton - R
Pelton - R
Rich - R
Roberts - D
Simphson - R
Van Winkle - R
WIll - R
Zenzinger - D

Last edited:
This wasn't the last chance this week to get your voice heard in CO. There are a lot of big ticket items on the commission meeting Agenda Wed & Thurs. I plan to be called in all day on Thursday and as much as I can on Wed. It was moved to completely virtual due to weather so there is still time (by 4PM MT today) to put a request in to public comment. https://cpw.state.co.us/aboutus/Pages/CommissionMeeting2024-3-13.aspx

Wow. The Governor and his henchmen got to those Dem Senators. They chose Polis over the hunters, anglers, outdoor recreation users in their district. If you live in one of those districts, you should call them and let them know how disappointed you are.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Where did you find how they voted? Smallwood is listed as a Republican.
I was making the no votes off a list as they voted, see edits/corrections above. Someone was absent at the time of the vote, might have been him. I'm not sure who wasn't there during the vote (1 person) cause 6 weren't there in the early rolecall but some arrived during and I don't know who. I jumped the gun in my first listing, sorry.