CO Unit 54 Soap Creek Wild Fire

oopslala

FNG
Title pretty much explains it all. I'm the host at soap creek campground and we got evacuated 2 days ago. The only details i know about it at the moment is that it was roughly 2 miles behind the campground when it started, and had spread roughly 5 acres. I'll post more details as I find them out. I don't think it spread too much considering I couldn't find anything about it online.

Just thought I'd give those of you planning to hunt the area a heads up.

usmc99

Lil-Rokslider
Wow. Hope it doesn't spread to far. No good at all.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

chindits

WKR
A burn wouldn't be so bad in that country. It's all going to be dead in a few years from beetle kill and it will be waiting to torch like the La Garittas down south.

Teeton

Lil-Rokslider
54 is my favorite place to hunt. Over the years I have hunt it over 100 days. Not hunting it this year as I drew a u-76 tag.. If I tagged out early I was going to come up to 54 as I have friends hunting it this year. I'll have to look up the fire on the forest service map to see where it is. Ed

Huntall

FNG
Hey I'm planning on hunting that area this fall, any further info on the fire? Just trying to plan ahead

OP
O

oopslala

FNG
I've been back at the site for a few days now. From what I can tell the burn didn't go far enough up to effect any elk country. We've had lots of rain in the last week as well. I don't think it ever got big enough to be shown on any of the sites that show wild fires. Likely there was rock face on each side so I think it was bottlenecked eventually. Couldn't even find it when I looked for it driving on the service road