Cobra curve reviews?

mattflint

FNG
Not much info about beyond a couple shikari threads with folks debating pricing.
Just financed a dang blackhawk with cobra curves and would love to hear some reviews.
Currently shoot a bw pma. Got it dialed in really well but miss the sound of my longbows. One constant is the quietness spoke of from these limbs. Hoping that proves true.
Wouldnt hurt my feelings to pick up some speed but am not hinging on that factor.
Should be a pretty fair comparison being 47@28 for both bows.

Rob5589

WKR
Couple guys on Tradgang have one. I've handled but not shot one; belonged to a gent helping me get started and didn't feel comfortable asking. Anyway, he loved the bow and it was incredibly quiet at the shot. He did however end up with a blown limb that was replaced. Other than that, he loved the bow.

geoff995

WKR
I’ve got a Blackhawk cobra being built right now. I went up to Rob’s place in March and shot a few of their bows. The cobra limbs are unreal. I’m fairly new to the traditional side of archery but I can say when I shot the bow with the cobra limbs there was a definite wow factor to how the performed.

plentycoupe

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve owned a Shikari and also have a set of Cobra curves on my Bicentennial. Just got those limbs and still setting up an arrow to match.
Shot them all day yesterday and all friends with me remarked about how quiet the bow it. I was also shooting my Satori, similar poundage, same arrow and the Cobra curves are much quieter.
These limbs are near longbow quiet in my point of view.
Super smooth.
Have not shot through a chrono yet but will try to on Wednesday.

OP
M

mattflint

FNG
I’ve owned a Shikari and also have a set of Cobra curves on my Bicentennial. Just got those limbs and still setting up an arrow to match.
Shot them all day yesterday and all friends with me remarked about how quiet the bow it. I was also shooting my Satori, similar poundage, same arrow and the Cobra curves are much quieter.
These limbs are near longbow quiet in my point of view.
Super smooth.
Have not shot through a chrono yet but will try to on Wednesday.
O man, I hope I can shoot this thing as well as my pma. Id ship the pma off quick for a quieter bow.

sveltri

WKR
The Cobra Curves are the best limbs I've had the pleasure to shoot, I sincerely believe they have increased my accuracy. My form is not horrible, but my relese leaves a lot to be desired. I think the carbon and the design of the limbs cause them to recover to true so quickly that they are able to overcome a sloppy or bad release. They are quiet and seem to be pretty bombproof.

MCR

FNG
My Shikari is longbow quiet, very smooth draw cycle, has good speed. Nothing not to like about the bow. Bob Lee did a great job with the new cobra curve limbs.

kf1983

Lil-Rokslider
I have a hardcore with cobra limbs. They are perfect in every sense. My aiming method is a hybrid string walk and gap shoot since i have a long draw and my gaps without walking are too big to manage. The cobras has the right blend of no stack and decent "back wall". Because I string walk up 1.5" there is a tiny snap in the noise but I just went up in arrow wait and it almost got rid of the snap completely.

I would imagine you have your bow by now. How is it?

OP
M

mattflint

FNG
I have a hardcore with cobra limbs. They are perfect in every sense. My aiming method is a hybrid string walk and gap shoot since i have a long draw and my gaps without walking are too big to manage. The cobras has the right blend of no stack and decent "back wall". Because I string walk up 1.5" there is a tiny snap in the noise but I just went up in arrow wait and it almost got rid of the snap completely.

I would imagine you have your bow by now. How is it?
I sold it and bought a Wengerd ibex.
It was really quick and quieter than my widow. The grip sucked and was not what I was told it would be so I sent it on its way.

LostArra

WKR
. The grip sucked and was not what I was told it would be so I sent it on its way.
Sounds like me. The grip can make or break an otherwise terrific bow. I've sold more than a few due to a grip that I couldn't tolerate. I also took a rasp and sand paper to one longbow grip and I got it "just right".

OP
M

mattflint

FNG
Sounds like me. The grip can make or break an otherwise terrific bow. I've sold more than a few due to a grip that I couldn't tolerate. I also took a rasp and sand paper to one longbow grip and I got it "just right".
Ive been a shit show this year going through bows.
Finally ended up with a 19” tempest riser and put an rcore kteenos grip on it. Feels right at home. Dang sx50 limbs really zip an arrow too.
Ive tried to promise myself that next year no more bows. I need a lot of other gear more.