Cold and wet weather breathable pants, kuiu axis, kuiu guide or stone glacier M7?

Needing to add a strictly cold weather pant to the arsenal. Need to be a pant for hiking so a pant that’s breathes is a must. Looking at kuiu axis and guide pant or SG M7? Any thoughts or experience would be awesome! Thanks

intunegp

WKR
While I haven't picked them up yet I fully intend to grab a pair of M7s before my late season cow hunt. I have been hiking since the beginning of August in my Helio bottoms and DeHavilland pants (way over-dressed for the climate) in order to test the effectiveness of the side leg vents and have yet to find a time that I can't open up the vents and cool off enough to stop sweating. I think the same will be true with the M7.

I have their hiking pants & also the coverable pants, I really like them. They are waterproof! and comfortable.

ThunderJack49

Lil-Rokslider
Recently picked up a pair of Kuiu axis pants- they do not disappoint. I've been wearing them in Montana during November and they are excellent at cutting the wind, while giving you the option to dump heat with the side zips that work surprisingly well. The waterproofing has been solid while walking through sagebrush with fresh snow or sitting in the snow. Zippers on every pocket if you are into that sort of thing.

I have quite a few kuiu pants and the axis are great winter pants. They are warm and water resistant. I don’t have any experience with the sg

Elk2008

Lil-Rokslider
I have the axis. They are pretty nice. One thing I don’t like is that with the pockets zipped open they are cold. You have to have them zipped closed because the pocket is mesh.

I took the axis to Alaska this year loved them! When hiking and starting to sweat it’s great to be able to dump heat. They were very durable and never had a rip in them.

OP
J
Thanks for the feedback guys. I’ll go with the axis. I have the coat so I’m sure I’ll like them

Jimss

WKR
I love my guides. They do everything you said. I’m a wimp in cold weather. Im fine in just guides when active but if sitting for long when temps are around freezing I’m cold snd need to add a base layer. I’ve used and abused them in wyo colo and Alaska. If it gets super cold and windy I’ll wear guides plus base layer plus rain pants…especially if it’s wet or snowing. Last year I was in a blizzard in wyo and the set of 3 bottoms worked fantastic. The tiburons work fantastic in warm or hot conditions.

jd1006

WKR
you might be able to find used Sitka Coldfront bib/pants, which sure look exactly like the M7 to me…the suspenders and higher back are worth it to me for late season with snow.

Vandy321

WKR
While I haven't picked them up yet I fully intend to grab a pair of M7s before my late season cow hunt. I have been hiking since the beginning of August in my Helio bottoms and DeHavilland pants (way over-dressed for the climate) in order to test the effectiveness of the side leg vents and have yet to find a time that I can't open up the vents and cool off enough to stop sweating. I think the same will be true with the M7.
The vents on the SG gear are a gamechanger. No need to ever (well, rarely) strip baselayers now, just open them all up. I do wear the Chinook under the helio in Nov, but can hike with those on and just vents the helio/dehaviland a day be just fine.

If I ever buy nice rain paints, it will be the M7. I rarely need that here in CO, usually get by with just gaiters.

ThunderJack49

Lil-Rokslider
I would be remiss if I didn't add the Wrangler ATG's that are fleece lined to this conversation. No side vents, doesn't cut the wind like the others, but they are 40$ and I've done a fair bit of hunting in them and wear them all winter long, framing in Montana. Not nearly as quality as the other stuff mentioned here but at that price point, it's a good pair to have around. As one guy I work with put it "I'm never wearing jeans again."