Help with pants - Kuiu attack

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
Need some advice on pants. I ordered the kuiu attack and think the fabric and features are perfect for what I'm looking for:
-Mid/early-late season rifle
-NW Wyoming rifle elk and mule deer
-Hip vents, slightly thicker fabric

The issue is, the 32 was way too snug around the waist and the 34 were so baggy I looked like a 1998 Jnco advertisement and the waist was too big.

So, I'm looking elsewhere for another pant that checks these boxes. Yes, I've used the search function and nearly every thread has people saying Prana Zion, which couldn't be further from accurate as someone who owns 4 pairs of Zions. They're great bow hunting pants but not anywhere close to the Attack material.

I also own a pair of Kuiu Axis hybrid as well for late season, fyi.

I'm open to any other brands, hunting companies or not. SG DH? Sitka Mountain? Fjallraven Keb? Any others like Marmot or REI-sold brands?

Help...

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

SG dehaviland regular and light?
The kuiu katana are lighter than the attack but fit a little slimmer for me. A touch lighter and closer to the zion which I wear every single day.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

OP
B

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
SG dehaviland regular and light?
The kuiu katana are lighter than the attack but fit a little slimmer for me. A touch lighter and closer to the zion which I wear every single day.

Definitely looking for something the same weight as the Attack, I thought about the Katana but they seemed to be more like the Zion like you said which I already have that slot filled

wnelson14

WKR
I’m the same Kuiu attacks 34 to tight 36s giant, where 34 in jeans. Corrugate foundry, or regular corrugates I really like. Kings camo has some decent pants that seem very similar to attacks.

Definitely looking for something the same weight as the Attack, I thought about the Katana but they seemed to be more like the Zion like you said which I already have that slot filled

Some of the first lite pants, corrugate? Might be what your looking for.

OP
B

bowhunter307

Lil-Rokslider
Some of the first lite pants, corrugate? Might be what your looking for.

I almost refuse to buy FL (for admitted childish reasons) but might need to check those out

Lites vs regular? First glance they seemed a lot lighter and more geared towards bow hunting or early season

It depends on how warm you normally run personally. I prefer to just wear the lites for everything but I always have my zip off long John’s in the pack with me.

wnelson14

WKR
I almost refuse to buy FL (for admitted childish reasons) but might need to check those out

I agree with you it’s the only item I have from them, but I have tried many pants and they fit me superb

shwacker

FNG
Maybe try durastretch tweave fabric? Like the ones in the MTHD line from Tactical Distributors? Can't speak to the pants, as I don't own them, but I feel your pain on the right fabric but poor fit.

ForlohFamily

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
FORLOH's variety of men’s outdoor pants have you covered for almost any outdoor activity, with options for camouflage hunting pants to waterproof fishing pants. Designed to be durable for rock climbing, hiking, or any other outdoor activity. With built-in UPF and insect protection, they'll perform in almost any extreme situation you can get yourself into.

Adema

FNG
I tend to only look at brands that have actual tall sizing (36 inseam or longer is tall sizing). I usually recommend Kuiu but you’re in between sizes. The SG de havilland lites are a nice option, but the nylon is a little noisy (have read that the noise subsides after repeated washings), but they only come in two colors.

The Eddie Bauer guide pro pants are also nylon based but roomier cut (I think a 32 will fit you fine). They come in a ton of colors and are on sale often. They even have an insulated version. They even have a thicker, more durable fabric version, as well (no tall size in it though).

You mentioned the OR Ferrrosi jacket - I have the pants and they are pretty awesome warm weather pants.

If you have a Scheels store nearby, you can try on Sitka and SG pants (and many other brands of course).

IF you don’t mind a poly/cotton blend, check out the 5.11 Apex pants. I’ve used them in the backcountry many times and they perform quite well. Very stretchy yet durable.

Along that same token, the LA Police Gear Atlas pants are a cheap alternative to the 5.11 pants. The quality is a step down and it’s a slightly baggier fit, but for the price they really punch above their weight. I have tried other LAPG pants but none came close to matching the Atlas pants (both on fit and performance).

I'd just get the Attacks tailored. I haven't found any hunting pants I like as much. Stone Glacier has a great fit but they are super loud and don't seem to be quieting down with use and wash.

I'm a size 30. I buy Kuiu in 32 and have the waist brought in.

Nogudpup

FNG
I'd just get the Attacks tailored. I haven't found any hunting pants I like as much. Stone Glacier has a great fit but they are super loud and don't seem to be quieting down with use and wash.

I'm a size 30. I buy Kuiu in 32 and have the waist brought in.
I’ll second this thought to get them taken in as needed. I own 3 pair of Attacks and prefer them slightly loose when packing and I regularly use the side vents when things heat up. Hard to beat as far as comfort when paired with good set of gaiters (Peax).

wirehead

Lil-Rokslider
JNCOs… wow. Reference of the year nomination right there!!!

the 32’s might loosen up a bit as the fabric wears in. Also, appreciate that some bagginess means easier to use with under layers, which I find myself doing a lot with Attacks.

In most pants a wear a 32-33 waist. I read to size up with the attacks so I got 34 regulars. The waist was still too tight for my liking, especially when I go to layer underneath. I just sent them back yesterday to exchange for 36 shorts. My only worry is they'll be too loose in the waist. If thats the case and theyre too loose for even a belt to fix, I think I will get them tailored. I love the weight/material of them.