College Bowl games disappointment

Great playoff games yesterday. Hopefully we get more of that next year with the 12 team.

Maybe if people stop watching bowl games ESPN will hopefully have to drop their monopoly on playoff broadcasts! It’s BS a guy can watch a dozen games each Saturday all year on antenna TV and then has to buy cable to watch basically all but 3 bowl games and all playoff games. Couldn’t believe how much that crap costs as I was trying to find a way to watch yesterday! On that note, YouTubeTV has a free 21 day trial for anyone that wants to watch the championship game and doesn’t have the cable!

wyogoat

WKR
Great playoff games yesterday. Hopefully we get more of that next year with the 12 team.

Maybe if people stop watching bowl games ESPN will hopefully have to drop their monopoly on playoff broadcasts! It’s BS a guy can watch a dozen games each Saturday all year on antenna TV and then has to buy cable to watch basically all but 3 bowl games and all playoff games. Couldn’t believe how much that crap costs as I was trying to find a way to watch yesterday! On that note, YouTubeTV has a free 21 day trial for anyone that wants to watch the championship game and doesn’t have the cable!
Fubo does as well. For anyone wanting to watch next Monday but not pay…just remember to cancel, that’s a spendy one.

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I know I will catch some flack for this from some but both games were great. I really didn't have a dog in the fight, and I didn't really care who wins the championship, as long as it wasn't Alabama.

HitNRun

FNG
It’s a mess but at least for me, I’m excited to see some new teams in the championship game.

OlPappyB

FNG
Bowl games have become horrible to watch. It's gonna be worse next year for any team that doesn't make the 12 team playoff.

wyogoat

WKR
Has anyone else noticed how empty the stadiums are for the vast majority of these games?
Unfortunately it’s like that the last few years. Empty seats (a lot) at USC v Louisville when it’s held 100 miles away in San Diego is telling. I think it’s the portal that is ruining the bowl games. When Williams isn’t playing or McCord for Ohio State…fans lose interest. I think the portal needs to be fixed before NIL…and players going to the draft opting out is lame. Nix was stand up and played. Yes he probably had some other motivations to set records but he played his A off.

The solution is to get rid of college sports and quit giving the NFL, NBA, NHL, MLB, track and field, etc a free farm system. If a player is a star or sought after recruit coming out of high school, the can sign a contract with a pro teams minor league team. Get an agent, get their money. If they get injured in the farm system at least they made some, potentially very good, money. Same goes for all coaches and supporting staff. Get a job in a farm system. Our university’s are a mess. Not just the football programs. It will never happen, to much money involved and to many people in and outside the universities making it to give it up.

pHill30

FNG
Enjoyed yesterday’s playoff games though! Kind of exciting to me no SEC team in the championship game.