Colorado 11/211 --- 3/301

Status
Not open for further replies.

DV75

FNG
I haven't made my mind up on which tag I will draw this year. I'm leaning 3/301 because I've found quite the honey hole, but everyone else will be pushing for the 11/211 tag, and don't necessarily want to sit the same hill on the same small section of blm by myself for my entire trip, im not hunting whitetail and the time hunting together is one of the best perks of mule deer hunting. Plus packing out a buck across the river and back up the mountain by myself sounds like a pain in the ass. I've hunted there 4 years. Twice in each unit. I know that they aren't the best units in the state even for a 1 point draw but that is where my buddies and I make deer camp every year and the comraderie is worth more to me than killing a giant. We always find deer and some decent bucks, and usually always end up with a cow or 2 in camp and the occasional bull. That being said I'd like to talk to someone who is familiar with the units who doesn't plan on hunting it, or maybe some general insight on hunting units it's hard to get away from roads. This past year my wife was pregnant and I shot the very first decent (for 3/301) buck that I saw. Planning to have 5 or 6 days to hunt it this year and would like to branch out from our normal stomping grounds and see new country.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to Rokslide. You should take an opportunity to look around a bit and you'll find this community is pretty awesome.

Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.

Rokslide's administrations expectation is that all long standing Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.

Yes it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

Hope to see you active in the forums, and good luck on your hunt!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.