Colorado 1st Rifle Elk 2018

He was shot from the trail. In my very limited experience I've always heard that rarely happens. I've never personally seen one while standing on a trail. That's awesome though and congrats on a great bull!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Excellent write up, absolutely chomping at the bit to go on my 2nd hunt this fall, but first time doing 1st rifle!

Sounds like even though you guys hit a few snags and hiccups along the way a great time was had and you can't beat that with a stick... congrats on your success.

He was shot from the trail. In my very limited experience I've always heard that rarely happens. I've never personally seen one while standing on a trail. That's awesome though and congrats on a great bull!

I was shocked as well. He wasn't dead in the middle of it, but within yards of it. I'd show you on a map, but then you'd know my spot!

Awesome bull! It does happen, I dropped one ON the trail a few years ago.

Great write up. When you mentioned you left your rifle behind, I couldn't help but think that on your way back to it you would have a bull walk out in front of you and have no gun. Congratulations on the bull!

Back