Colorado 751 3rd Rifle Season

Chris

FNG
I just made a quick decision on a landowner voucher in Colorado Close to Bayfield. Anyone have any advice or tips on how to hunt the area for Deer? I really wanted to bowhunt, but will also have my rifle for backup. Going in blind on this one, but it seemed to be a good tag on the limited research I've done on it.

Thanks in advance.

That's a tough hunt since most of the land the deer are on that time of year is private there. There are some big bucks though.

ureyes

FNG
I just came from there. I would agree saw a lot of deer along 160 on private ground, very few and no bucks on public ground in the beaver meadows area. if you don't have private ground I would suggest the san juan area east of bayfield and south of 160.....its some steep stuff but saw a lot of deer sign in there.... the one day we were looking around in those hills. there is a semi flat area in the middle that's a mediocre hike coming in from the communication tower. good glassing there.

if the snows not to deep....and the road up endlich mesa is in 751... may want to try there. the road going up is total crap and I wouldn't take my truck up it but heard good stuff about it.

OP
Chris

Chris

FNG
Thank you very much for the feedback. We have access to private land, but it's always great to have a good backup plan.