Colorado Archery Hunt

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
I have hunted Colorado several years over the counter. First year i took hair with my pully bow, last year i took hair with the recurve. It was 2 different units. I just realized i am never going to rifle hunt them and im determined to get one with my bow and would really like to get one with my recurve. Im down for spot and stalk or hunting from a blind as i have done both.

I'll be realistic and say with the recurve it would be more probable i would have a better chance to get one with a recurve over water as the units i have hunted are pretty flat.

I have 5 points right now, any suggestions on units to try with my recurve that may have better stalking avaliable or decent water holes im all ears.

If not I'll preference point it up again for fun i suppose and OTC it as the recurve miss was mostly my fault as those 12 yard shots are harder than the 20 yard shots for me with the recurve :)

Feel free to PM.. and yes i know i should just hunt Wyoming. Just trying to plan the year and want a pronghorn on my wall (does not have to be a trophy) any decent pronghorn with the bow is a trophy.

Thanks, Craig

jrm02

FNG
No advice from me as, as I've never hunted antelope in CO (I'm sure I will at some point), but I have to ask, did you get to 12 yards spot and stalk or hunting from a blind? I've chased antelope the past few years with both a rifle and bow, and I've been within 35 yards with a rifle and 65 with a bow, and I considered it a huge win both times. Getting within 12 yards, especially if spot and stalk hunting, is impressive!

OP
HunterHawk

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
Haha, it was out of a blind, but 35 and 65 is both good spot and stalk. The one i missed with the pully bow was 40 spot and stalk. Both of them i shot over however, and i grew up hunting whietails but after all day in a blind or a long spot and stalk I clearly wasn't in the right place in my head and shot high and he matrixed the shot as well as he had me pegged on the spot and stalk.