Colorado draw results

Fitzwho

WKR
Except for #1 and #2 I fit the other 5 requirements of your list. Can I move up there and get a pass on the born in Colorado portion with enough signatures on a ballot?

I cannot wait until people actually try and push "native" vs. "resident-only" in a couple states. So "natives" get 80% of the tags, "resident-only" (people who have lived there less than 10 years; feeling generous) get 10% and nonresidents get 10% (though probably zero in your outlook). Definitely make "resident-only" people pay non-resident prices for those 10 or so years also.

Guessing there are some actual native peoples who would love to explain how you don't really qualify as a "native" in their respects.

My in-laws are from the UP of Michigan. Every “Yooper“ I’ve ever met from the UP is usually pretty proud of where they’re from and usually pretty quick to differentiate themselves from other MI residents not from the UP.

I’m guessing the you feel the same way since you’ve got “yooper” in your username.

I‘d propose instead of “Well Known Roksliders“, we should all be classified as to natives or non-natives (and probably what generation native) of the state we‘re residing in.
Well yeah but we’re cool and there’s not that many of us

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I swear people born in CO think being a “native” is a personality trait
I don't know about us people born in CO, but over the last 35 years or so I've run into many people that could guess I was from CO and I asked how. Every one of them said the same thing......"all you Coloradans are the same, you talk the same and act the same". I guess that's a good thing, because most everyone else I've run into outside of CO seemed whacked to me....LOL.

Roger17

Lil-Rokslider
Except for #1 and #2 I fit the other 5 requirements of your list. Can I move up there and get a pass on the born in Colorado portion with enough signatures on a ballot?

I cannot wait until people actually try and push "native" vs. "resident-only" in a couple states. So "natives" get 80% of the tags, "resident-only" (people who have lived there less than 10 years; feeling generous) get 10% and nonresidents get 10% (though probably zero in your outlook). Definitely make "resident-only" people pay non-resident prices for those 10 or so years also.

Guessing there are some actual native peoples who would love to explain how you don't really qualify as a "native" in their respects.
I was reading this thread and thinking "if we go that route my native should definately trump his native." Or, if we don't go quite that far back, since I'm a TX boy, and the Republic of Texas contained part of CO and WY, before they were states, maybe us Texans should be considered the residents in those areas. All kinds of possibilities here.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Aren't there states that have special stuff for native born folks?
Actually I think they do. Can’t remember which offhand but you are definitely onto something. Maybe different priced license, etc. not sure about draw preference though.

sndmn11

WKR
Actually I think they do. Can’t remember which offhand but you are definitely onto something. Maybe different priced license, etc. not sure about draw preference though.

I think WY or MT have something.

I'll go a step further and say native west of i-25 in CO gets big game preference. Those born east of I-25 can have lifetime pheasant licenses so they have incentive to figure out what they are doing wrong.

CoStick

WKR
There are actual natives and I don’t believe they need tags or licenses.

I'll go a step further and say native west of i-25 in CO gets big game preference.
I like this, and I would also add preference for residents to hunt in the unit that they reside in. I think it's ridiculous that some years I can't manage to acquire a tag so that I can hunt 5 minutes from my house, but someone who lives 3 states away can haul their mobile circus 1,000 miles to shoot a deer.

I like this, and I would also add preference for residents to hunt in the unit that they reside in. I think it's ridiculous that some years I can't manage to acquire a tag so that I can hunt 5 minutes from my house, but someone who lives 3 states away can haul their mobile circus 1,000 miles to shoot a deer.
That will never happen. Do you know how much money CO gets for non residents? If you want that sorta advantage as a resident then you need to move to Nevada or Wyoming.

sndmn11

WKR

Under my plan, I will allow you to move to Bovina and gain preference in the pheasant draw.

Vote for Kyle

sndmn11

WKR
No way I'm moving out to Bovina, the French are assholes.
I don't know what to tell you, you need to play by the rules like the others.

I do think that if a person's primary residence is in the unit they wish to hunt that they should get some sort of incentive in limited hunt codes. I also think that some common sense should go a long with it as well. I had a customer that lived around Buena Vista and complained that the draw was rigged because his kids had never gotten a doe tag for 49/57/58 in multiple years applying. I looked up the stats and told him to apply for buck tags and he refused saying that he didn't want his kids to have worse luck competing in the draw with everyone else. I gave up after a few tries of trying to explain.

I think it would be cool to see an extra point applied in situations where someone wants to hunt the unit they live in.