Colorado GMU

OP
C
Very bad 3rd season. Saw 3 cows taken and that was about it. Most hunters I've ever seen in 29 seasons now. Hunters every 50 yards is an over hunted unit. CPW seems to be managing money more so than elk.

Jakeini

FNG
Wanted to bring this old thread back up-
How’d everyone do in the earlier seasons? How’s the numbers this year?
ive hunted 55 every year since I was a baby and always had success and know the “pockets”. Even with the terrible elk numbers last year, I was able to take a nice 6x6 in the ‘19 season. Really hoping to see/hear herd numbers rebound this year.
Definitely can confirm I’ve seen more moose than elk the last two years.

Jakeini

FNG
Saw your bump- been a reeeal tough last few years in 55 and surrounding units (anecdotally speaking, and talking to locals)
Plus I hear there’s a plan to release wolves either nearby or in the unit. Last few seasons I’ve seen more moose than elk. Guides I’ve run into have reported similar.

Saw your bump- been a reeeal tough last few years in 55 and surrounding units (anecdotally speaking, and talking to locals)
Plus I hear there’s a plan to release wolves either nearby or in the unit. Last few seasons I’ve seen more moose than elk. Guides I’ve run into have reported similar.
Tough everywhere :/ I only have 1 PP so we're hoping to get drawn for the first week of archery. Got an outfitter ready and they've had pretty good public land success from the last few years of pictures I've seen