Colorado unit 20 first rifle

choovhntr

WKR
Been trying to find information about this unit and hunt, but haven’t had much luck. I know the park is on the west side which holds most of the elk it’s mostly private to the east, and there are a lot of hikers in the public land that time of year. My question is are there any elk at all in the high county bordering the park that time of year? Is it worth using 7 points for not knowing the unit? Is there enough weather to push the elk down to 8500’ that time of year? How is the access would staying mobile be realistic there? Etc. Any info would be greatly appreciated. This unit seems very intriguing with the low number of tags and no OTC pressure, but I know if most things seem to good to be true, they usually are.

JZelk22

FNG
Sent you a PM
I hunting this unit with success during the late season last year. Access is the biggest hurdle in the unit that I found. It's massive and a lot of public acreage, but almost all roads are surrounded by private land. I just picked up a 3rd season tag so am in process of trying to figure out the mid-November timing. I know there is a resident herd but it's mostly locked up in private.

@commandoNate I'm new to RokSlide and trying to get my numbers up so I can't send a PM yet, but I'd love any insight you have on this unit.

SonnyDay

WKR
I wouldn’t burn 7 points on 20. Lots of private land, many of the roads are gated by then (or all the time), and lots of people in the woods. I’d head farther west. But either way good luck!