Colorado weather during rifle

So I went last year for muzzleloader to Colorado and expected a warm and sunny hunt.instead I was met by temps in the teens to single digits along with snow.

So if I came out for 2-4 rifle season should I just expect to be met by feet of snow and barely getting above freezing?was last year a fluke? Anyone rifle hunt without a hot tent/camper or hotel room ?

I have no experience in the west after October so I’m a little nervous about dumping a bunch of money into a tag only to get there and freeze to death without a hot tent or camper.
Plenty of place in CO where you can get a cabin/hotel and still be at the trailhead in less than an hour. If you have real concerns about cold/snow then do that. If you think this is something you will do every year, then invest in a canvas tent and heat source. My Kodiak Canvas 10x10 was very affordable for the outstanding shelter it provides and I heat it with a $100 buddy heater + 20 lb. propane bottle. Worked just fine for me through that awful 2nd rifle season last year, at 9k feet.

Also invest in a good quality down sleeping bag. That will make a world of difference.

But there is no shame in renting a cabin or hotel room. My 2nd elk hunt in Colorado, I met a couple guys from PA who rented a room at a nearby ski area. They split the modest cost (off season) and each only had to spend about $250 for a week of lodging. They also had central heat, a fireplace a refridgerator and kitchen which saved them a bunch in food. I saw them at the trail head most days either coming or going and frankly they were more well rested than me and my buddy who were tent camping each night.

But since getting my 10x10 KC canvas tent, buddy heater and a good cot, I sleep great and if I'm being honest, might even sleep better there than I do at home where I share a bed with my wife and our 85# dog. LOL