Colorado wolves released today

I agree that the system is garbage. This rant isn't directed at you but I have to say it.

I am 3 miles from the release.... I don't hate wolves, I hate ballot box biology and the Front Range flipping the bird to everyone that doesn't agree with them on the wolf issue. There seems to be some misconception by your average pro wolf voter than anyone that said no is siding with the "ranchers". Really, the majority of "ranchers" are people with a few acres and a couple head of cattle or horses as a hobby. These people can't train or afford livestock dogs or watch their animals 24/7.

We manage big game animals for what value they can bring to humans. Its honestly from my observations how we manage almost any resource. Wolves provide no real benefit that I can find and shaky evidence at best.. Placing them here is a complete waste of money and additional emotional stress for lots of people. If this state actually cared about "wolves changing ecosystems for the better" mantra, they would be placed in Estes or Grand Lake.

People voted on something that that did not effect them but will have impacts on others hundreds of miles away. The people funding this state's wildlife (hunters, fishers) were told to go f themselves and their voices silenced by an uneducated majority with absolutely no skin in the game except the pleasure of living in Colorado.

/rant

All solid points.

Honestly, I’d rather live 3 miles from the release site because you know the wolves will be gone by tomorrow.

Hell, they may be back in Oregon by the first of the year. Crisis avoided and a huge waste of money. Now that I think about it, how funny would that be? Remember the movie Funny Farm with Chevy Chase? He picked up that Golden Retriever and it ran off as soon as he set it loose.

Flyjunky

WKR
Hell, they may be back in Oregon by the first of the year. Crisis avoided and a huge waste of money. Now that I think about it, how funny would that be? Remember the movie Funny Farm with Chevy Chase? He picked up that Golden Retriever and it ran off as soon as he set it loose.
No way man, no givsy backsies…their yours now

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
I just can't help to think that somewhere there was a table in a watering hole where some ODFW Biologists were tipping one back that they got to get rid of some wolves. :)

MarlinMark

Lil-Rokslider
Is there a tracking map yet? Public funds for those tracking devices..... why can't the public see where the cool wolves are roaming? Why can't some people ask some pointed questions? Accountability?

def90

WKR
Released five more today in Summit County.. guessing just southeast of where they released the others.

Last edited:

ODB

WKR
Is there a tracking map yet? Public funds for those tracking devices..... why can't the public see where the cool wolves are roaming? Why can't some people ask some pointed questions? Accountability?

100%. Was thinking the same thing. oK, maybe a few days delay for obvious reasons, but hey…I wanna see them roam…