compact bino + XL bino combo?

Do any of you have experience using a combination of compact (8x30ish) and extra large (15/18x56ish) binoculars for your average western (I'm in CO) hunting? What did/do you think of that type of combo? How does a compact bino of a similar quality compare to a more "standard" (10x42ish) as your primary, chest-pack bino?

For context, the only glass I currently own is a cheap pair of 12x50s. I'm hoping to upgrade to a better pair this year. I was planning on going for mid+ tier 10x42s but then started wondering if there's much of an optical disadvantage to using compact binos instead... especially if I were to also have some high-powered binos in the pack for the longer, more detailed glassing sits. These days, I'm rifle hunting, but I plan on getting back into archery in the next year or two and figured the smaller binos would be convenient to have on hand.

I run an 8x32 on my chest and have the 15x56s in the pack. I don’t own a spotter yet so this has worked for me so far. Rarely do I wish I had anything different on my chest but every now and then I debate on going 12s on chest and a spotter to be able to get more details on animals further out. My buddy just switched from a cheaper ($450ish) set of 10x42 binos to an older set of Swaro SLC 8x30s and he thinks the higher quality glass is hands down way better than the additional magnification. Go with good glass and you won’t be disappointed. I run the 8x32 NL

I tried the double bino thing and ended up getting a Leica 8/12x42. Works way better for me, less junk to drag around in the woods.

PBBananaHammock

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been contemplating this type of combo for myself. I really enjoy compacts in practice, and don’t overly enjoy full size bino packs on my chest. They’re a pain when adjusting layers.