Computer Passwords & Cartridges

Unckebob

WKR
My company's IT security Nazi's require us to have somewhat complicated (Upper/Lower, Numbers, special characters, length). I could easily memorize some crazy random password "Xf@$y39suT" if they didn't force us to change our main password and passwords to other systems so often. At some point, writing it down (very bad) becomes a real temptation.

My Solution: Cartridge Names - I can remember them with ease.

#257R@berts
7mm#RemMag
(Neither are my password for anything now)

Just a suggestion. Hope it helps.

MattB

WKR
Why not memorize one password and only change one digit each time? Seems a more reliable process.

OP
U

Unckebob

WKR
Why not memorize one password and only change one digit each time? Seems a more reliable process.

The system is set up to prevent people from using duplicate passwords and simply changing the digits.

The new password cannot "look" like the old password or they make you do it again.

please just delete this thread. you guys are asking to get hacked.

There are a huge number of cartridges that one can go through with an infinite number of places to put the special characters.

45@Bushmaster Bushmaster@450 45&B&shmaster etc.

Or we can go to places I want to hunt.

M@nt@naM&leDeer1492

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
I would say that I do care cause my personal info and health info is in our system. However, it's a nieve though to think the info isn't already out there.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Lack of basic it security is a big part of me starting a new job next month.

OP
U

Unckebob

WKR
Does anyone actually care if the company you work for gets hacked? I know I would cry real tears.

I do. That is why I don't want to write down some crazy password and save it somewhere in my desk.

I want a password that stills has Upper, Lower, numbers, & special characters,, but I want to make it reasonably memorable.

Jpsmith1

Lil-Rokslider
I have a "pattern"

Going to grab a word from earlier. Bushmaster for an example.

So, password would be something like:

11Bu$h13m@ster2023

Grab a multi-syllable word or compound word you won't forget and a date.

Shuffle them up and throw a character or two in there.

go_deep

WKR
We have to use upper case, lower case, number, and symbols in our password, and it has to be a minimum of 32 characters long. Yes, 32 character minimum.