Consistently shooting left

philcox

WKR
I am a LH shooter, and my arrows seem to consistently impact left, and the further I get out, the more pronounced it gets (obviously). I have adjusted the sight a bit, but that has seem to have little effect. I am THINKING it is my grip. Any input on typical grip issues that would result in my results? I just have not been able to figure it out.

Any thoughts and suggestions are appreciated.

Phil

Smithb9841

Lil-Rokslider
sounds like you might not be holding bow completely straight while shooting id look into a site with a level this is what I had to do as I had a bad habit of this after shooting a recurve for years

I'm no tech, but I had the same issue earlier this year and the problem was my site wasn't level to my string/bow. Once leveled everything was spot on. Being unlevel, the pins progressively get further from plumb the further from the top pin you get, which is why you shoot further left on longer shots. Best of luck.

I'm no tech, but I had the same issue earlier this year and the problem was my site wasn't level to my string/bow. Once leveled everything was spot on. Being unlevel, the pins progressively get further from plumb the further from the top pin you get, which is why you shoot further left on longer shots. Best of luck.

This is a good point too. Basically, check the 2nd axis of your sight. Your sight bubble should match a level on your riser.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

*zap*

WKR
Simple to check if your sight has a level, hang the bow from top cam with a piece of cord and look at the sight level.

You can put a level on the string but hanging it should be level vertically, and then the sight level should be level horizontally.

Simple to check if your sight has a level, hang the bow from top cam with a piece of cord and look at the sight level.

You can put a level on the string but hanging it should be level vertically, and then the sight level should be level horizontally.

This would only make the string that it’s suspended from plumb. This would not necessarily mean that his riser is level.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
philcox

philcox

WKR
thanks for the info. At this point I:
  • Will focus on grip
  • Try to see if I am peeking
  • I did check the level, and I am good there (see photo. Put a level across upper and lower part of riser, and sight level matched)
  • Will walk back tune and see (however I am not sure what to “tune” if I just keep shooting left at a wider margin as I walk back)

Attachments

• C950A7E3-07F7-4ECB-A8D2-13564A68D3CA.jpeg
    C950A7E3-07F7-4ECB-A8D2-13564A68D3CA.jpeg
    298.9 KB · Views: 25