Cooking Pouch

Benjblt

WKR
I have a Jetboil micro mo. I bought some Ramen and I'm going to put together some dry broth, spices, and oil to add to it and cook it in the back country. I'm not sure I can cook it in my Micro Mo, nor do I want to. What would I use for a pouch to pour the boiling water into to cook it? I'd rather not bring another pot. I'd like a flexible pouch or something. I don't think plastic gallon baggies would be the best option. I know Aaron Snyder repacks his Peak Refuel meals and just cooks them in that but that just doesn't seem like the best option. Thoughts?

92xj

WKR
Just buy some zip lock style vacuum seal bags. Throw everything in them, seal and go. When ready, open, dump in hot water, zip lock them closed and throw in your insulated pouch or sleeping bag to "cook", open and eat. Easy peasy.

I made something similar to this https://www.etsy.com/listing/731887...UBSTs8yZyP_pCSK428L5b7WVLnLSjVzhoCrhoQAvD_BwE

BBob

WKR
Why couldn't you cook it in your Micro-Mo? A friend uses a simple Alu pot and Pocket Rocket.

Put it in a quart ziplock, add hot water and put that into a Hyperlite Repack pouch or tape one together using bubble insulation from Home Depot or Lowe's.

Last edited:

Dwight2180

Lil-Rokslider
If you get a thick enough ziploc it will be fine....not a storge bag. Use reflectix to make an insulating pouch. Try some YT searches for this. The hiking specific community has put out a lot of videos on this tupe of thing.

OP
Benjblt

Benjblt

WKR
I use vac sealer bags. Then put the meal in the cozy below and let it rehydrate.

So you think the vac seal bags will hold up to the boiling water huh?

fatlander

WKR
You can get 100 Mylar bags that are meal sized on eBay for around 25 bucks.

One end has a ziplock feature that’s already sealed. The other end is left open. Stuff your food in from bottom and seal with your wife’s hair straightener. You can vacseal using a metal straw and your vacuum sealers attachment. There’s a ton of videos on YouTube showing how it’s done.

Come time to eat, open from ziplock end. Add boiling water. Reseal. Let it cook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk