Cooper backcountry to a Barrett fieldcraft

jhm2023

WKR
Considering rehoming my Cooper backcountry in 7 rem mag and buying another fieldcraft. I really like the Cooper and it shoots under 1/4 MOA when I do my part but I seem to always grow bored of guns for some reason. I bought a fieldcraft in 6.5 CM for the wife and it shoots under half MOA every time we take it out. I guess the slightly lighter weight, shorter barrel and blind 4 round box mag are really what's drawing me to the FC. Not a huge fan of losing the horse power from the 7 mag but if I can patiently wait for the 280AI to come out I'll be ok. Am I crazy for wanting to switch? Primarily for mountain hunting (sheep, goats, bou, grizz, etc.)

Outlaw99

WKR
Yes you’re crazy....... but it’s your money and your life so you should always do what makes you happy. I have a 92 in 7mm and I feel more connection to that gun than any other I’ve ever owned. It’s the perfect balance of everything for ME personally. That being said, if you got an itch, I’d imagine at some point you’re gonna have to scratch it lol.

TNHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the Barrett Fieldcraft in the 6.5 cm too.. earlier this year... it’s a great rifle... just need time to shot it is all... I don’t think you made a mistake...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elkguide

WKR
It sure is tough to not scratch an itch but from what you have outlined..... there must be room in your safe for another rifle to go with your Backcountry and your wife's FC.

I’d keep the cooper over the fieldcraft all day ! Plus you have a fieldcraft already! Best of bother worlds