Cord for Handing Meat?

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
Hi guys, I’m curious what kind of cord you all are using for hanging meat in the backcountry? I see lots of mentions of paracord, but I’ve seen some people say to pack 50’ of paracord per quarter bag. That’s like a pound of cord!

I use dyneema for my tarp lines and it’s great. I know it’s supposed to be strong, but I’m not sure it could really take that much weight. Plus it’s so thin it could be hard to get a grasp and tug on.

So, do you just carry a lot paracord or have you found something lighter and better?

Hunter6

WKR
I carry about 50 ft of para cord total.

I can usually hang my bags using the draw cord on the bag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sundance

Lil-Rokslider
Tuna cord. But it from a commercial marine store, used for longlining tuna.

Jacack

WKR

Had good luck with this stuff.

This is my new “spare cordage”. Works great for guying our shelters. Haven’t tried it in quarters, but I’d wrap it around a stick and use it all day long.

Attachments

• A0371E86-EF22-4C43-8B2A-C63638CEDEA8.jpeg
    A0371E86-EF22-4C43-8B2A-C63638CEDEA8.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 71

Rizzy

WKR
I replace the factory cordage in the game bags with 6-8 feet of Lawson glowire with a hook at the end. The extra length and hook allow me to easily hang the bags. The glowire really stands out at night.

50 feet of dynema cord. 440 pound breaking strength and half the weight of Paracord. It's very slippery, so you had better know your knots if you use it.

OP
C

Cng

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the advice, guys. I picked up some of the Emma Kites stuff in 1.3mm. It’s way stouter than my guyline dyneema. Looks like it should do the trick perfectly.

Hi guys, I’m curious what kind of cord you all are using for hanging meat in the backcountry? I see lots of mentions of paracord, but I’ve seen some people say to pack 50’ of paracord per quarter bag. That’s like a pound of cord!

I use dyneema for my tarp lines and it’s great. I know it’s supposed to be strong, but I’m not sure it could really take that much weight. Plus it’s so thin it could be hard to get a grasp and tug on.

So, do you just carry a lot paracord or have you found something lighter and better?
I use around 60 ft total cut in various lengths