Corn-hole Stencil

Clarktar

WKR
I have some corn hole boards built and am trying to find some way to paint/ decorate them. I am terrible at this type of stuff.... always been more of a wood splitter then a stacker.

My thought was one board is "game" theme (Elk and trees, or a big stencil of a elk rack, or??) and the other board was more of a hunter theme (stencil of a guy with a bow, or rifle, or??). I know there are some creative folks out here so I thought with all the quarantine time maybe someone has a chance to dig up an idea?

Worth a shot...

MThuntr

WKR
Maybe buy those big window stickers then clear epoxy coat over top?

One board could be brown with white animal sticker and the other blaze orange with black hunter/gun/bow sticker?

I taped off my boards with masking tape, traced a stencil onto the taped boards from a design I printed off the computer, used an exacto knife to cutout the traced design from the tape, then used a gel stain so the stain didn’t run under the tape. Make sure your tape is pressed down really well before staining. Also, if you haven’t made the boards already, look into plans with folding legs that allows them to nest inside each other. I’m really glad I did because they are much easier to store and transport.

1585329711166.jpeg
1585329732105.jpeg
1585329815978.jpeg

Last edited:

Agross

WKR
I taped off my boards with masking tape, traced a stencil onto the taped boards from a design I printed off the computer, used an exacto knife to cutout the traced design from the tape, then used a gel stain so the stain didn’t run under the tape. Make sure your tape is pressed down really well before staining. Also, if you haven’t made the boards already, look into plans with folding legs that allows them to nest inside each other. I’m really glad I did because they are much easier to store and transport.

View attachment 165095
View attachment 165096
View attachment 165097

Nice job. Those are sweet. I totally agree on the folding inside legs.
I didn't do these but a friend of my mom did and we love em.
Wish she was still doing them, I've had a lot of people ask where I got em.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    296.1 KB · Views: 6

Agross

WKR
I realize that doesn’t really help you. A kid I used to work with was trying to earn some extra money and he liked working with wood so I paid him to make me a set for a gift for the in-laws up to the lake. He got some cheap stencils online. He said you can get about anything and they are pretty cheap. He burned it into the wood then lacquered it
they turned out great. I don’t have a pic or I’d post it