Count on the Swedes to come up with something more logical than a roof tent

It's a tent that is carried in your hitch mount and folds up. Getting in and out would be easier than a roof top. You'd be out of the wind more and not tied to a vehicle suspension. You can come and go with the vehicle as you please. This still isn't really my jam, but it makes sense to me. I wonder how much dirt dust and gravel would be a concern tho. Probably the only downside I can think of.

Laramie

WKR
Not a bad idea. I wouldn't buy it personally but I can see the market for sure.

atmat

WKR
Pretty cool innovation. Wouldn’t be great for cold weather with that air space beneath you — but rooftop tents are no different in that regard.

wyosteve

WKR
Guess I'm thick, but I just don't see the logic/appeal of it. Why not just use a cargo carrier to bring a tent along if needed.

Interesting idea. Just checked out a couple youtube videos and they expect it to come in at a $4,300 asking price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Dos Perros
Guess I'm thick, but I just don't see the logic/appeal of it. Why not just use a cargo carrier to bring a tent along if needed.

This tent allegedly rolls out quickly and easily. Can’t be as fast as a rooftop but I’m sure faster than setting up a Redcliff.

Novashooter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm trying to keep an open mind, but that looks like a really horrible idea. It already takes up your hitch, so any chance of pulling a boat or trailer is taken away. It's completely unprotected, so any mud and snow is going to be plastered to that thing when you get there. Can you imagine trying to fold that out after driving in sleet on a freezing day? It's nothing but a big fold up cot tent that stores on your hitch. Cot tents have been around for a long time. The reason roof top tents make sense is because the occupy a space most people don't put gear. You can still use your hitch. They are often better for car camping than a regular tent since anywhere you can park a car you can sleep.

And then the thing is $4500 dollars!? The only conclusion I can come to is this thing is stupid. If you spend that kind of money to put something on your hitch, just get a camper. Even a pop up camper is a million times better than that, and you can get used ones for way less money.