Coyotes beat me too it

lak2004

WKR
Nothing wrong with the rest of the meat, cut off the chewed up parts and take it home.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Some of the responses here may actually be illegal, depending on the state. Check your regs.

I had this same exact thing happen to me about 13 years ago. Snow on the ground and 20 degree night, and couldn't immediately find the doe so I came back first thing in the morning. She looked almost exactly the same as the doe in the picture above. I tagged the doe, cut off what was chewed on by the yotes and took the rest home and processed and cooked it normally.

EastMT

WKR
As long as you cook it to 160 deg there should no risk. Heck I’ve eat coyote before, well done. Tastes like you would expect it to.....

My parents had someone bring coyote stir fry to a church wild game pot luck once. Mom said she thought it was a prank as you have to have a sign ID’ing what you brought. She said as soon as she started chewing she was like, yep, that’s coyote.

I have yet to be begin to procrastinate.

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
My experience was with a buck several years back. I had a poor shot and didn’t want to push him so I let him lay over night. Coyotes ate one entire hind quarter and I tagged the deer and called the game warden. He said he wouldn’t expect me to attempt the meat just Incase so he gave me the choice of take the head and give a new buck tag or keep the head and give doe tag. I took the latter option and felt like I did the legal thing. My two cents for what it’s worth.

Phat Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
Dang! That sucks man! You should still be able to get a lot of good meat off her though. Don't be discouraged this sh*t happens sometimes. It's bow hunting!