Cranes

NRA4LIFE

WKR
A college buddy of mine and his dad used to hunt them in North Dakota I think. They made jerky out of some of it and it was fantastic.

VernAK

WKR
The plumage on your birds is very nice. We get the first shot at them in September and they aren't feathered out so nice. Was there any fat on those birds?

I didn't shoot any from my back deck this year.

OP
Stubborn_bowhunter
The plumage on your birds is very nice. We get the first shot at them in September and they aren't feathered out so nice. Was there any fat on those birds?

I didn't shoot any from my back deck this year.
A little bit of fat them. They've been eating a ton of corn.

rbljack

WKR
working with my 1.5 year old lab right now in prep for a crane hunt. Trying to get him trained to wear the rex specs (goggles) and a momarsh vest. He is struggling with the rex specs. Constantly trying to get them off. Going to keep working on the training though.

I used #2 Three inch last year on a public land hunt. They weren't coming into the decoys very well, and we were trying to get them flying by when they were low enough. Challenging, and low percentage shots. If possible, wait till they commit to decoys and are coming in to land/ gliding down

Ive got BB size 3" shells and plan to try them this year.