Advice - Shotgun for a Wedding Gift

Hey All,

A good friend of mine is getting married in a few weeks and a few of us thought about pooling money together to buy him his first shotgun. Most of his use would be around clays/quail/turkey and he lives near Charleston SC. I've been looking at a few different options and for our money ($650 - $900) it seems like a Beretta A300 or Stoeger might be the best fit. Only other bit of info is that he seems to like a more traditional wood stock rather than camo. Anyone have any recommendations on a specific gun or any personal insight on either the Stoeger or Beretta? Thanks!

CMP70306

Lil-Rokslider
I received a 20 Gauge Model 12 as my wedding present, coincidentally the serial number was only a couple thousand off the one I inherited from my grandfather which puts them both in 1947. Definitely one of the best gifts I received and I will keep that one for the rest of my life.

Personal opinion is you guys should pool the money together and give it to your friend telling him you guys wanted to give him a down payment on a shotgun of his choice. That way he gets to pick what he really wants rather than you guys guessing, he may want to put up some of his own money and buy something more expensive.

MTGunner

Lil-Rokslider
I rec‘d. a New Ithaca double barrel, 16 gauge from two friends nearly 53 years ago for a wedding present. My bride was none too happy about this as we had nothing to start with. But, nearly 53 years later I still have this NID. MTG

jayhawk

WKR
If you can, why don’t y’all get together and take him to the store to have him pick one out, then go bust some clays or flush some quail? Seems like the memory would be worth as much as the gun

OP
WesternDawg
If you can, why don’t y’all get together and take him to the store to have him pick one out, then go bust some clays or flush some quail? Seems like the memory would be worth as much as the gun
That would be the preference but we’re kind of spread out these days. Hopefully we’ll get to plan a trip sometime post wedding but for now this is the best we can do.

Jt13

FNG
EuroOptic has a pretty great deal on the wood stocked Stoeger M3500 right now @ 499 and the Franchi Affinity 3 @ 849