Crazy Mountains Goat tag info.

dot 1

FNG
yeah, you too. depending on what drainage your taking in and if your camping by lakes the fishing is very good in those mtns. i think goats like the smell of fish too. and they like red licorice. and urine.

OP
F
Well I'm gonna be flying out Aug 30th to Bozeman Montana to start my first ever goat hunt. Originally planned on trying the first week Oct but a natural disaster changed all that! I hope to do a story with pics whether I tag out or not. My son is going with me and it's DIY. I'm old enough that just spending a week in the mountains with my son is going to be the most special part of this adventure! Goodluck to everyone else. Mike

dpetersen

FNG
I flew with a guy in that range in a bush plane messing around, They are properly named, Very nasty country!
Good luck, At least goats are easy to hunt if you can get to them. Break him down if possible so he dont jump and mess up his cape/horns.

Best of Luck Mike! I wish you the best of the first leg of what could very well shape up to be the best season I ever missed out on! Best of luck in MT and the same for ID! Be safe and shoot straight! Most of all, enjoy that time in the mountains with your son, he will never forget about it.

Take care!

Nick

OP
F
Hey guys, I'm back from my goat hunts. Yes hunts, me and my son went out the first week of Sept and he hurt his knee after 3 days so we had to come out early. I went back Oct 10 with a friend and on the 2nd day we got blew out of the mountains by a 40mph blizzard on the 2nd day. Where we were at staying was not an option and my friend had to leave for Mexico in a few days so it didn't happen. Beautiful country, thanks for the well wishes! Goodluck to everyone else! Mike